Debating the Android switch....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating the Android switch....

So.... I am debating jumping off of my iPhone to an Android. However, before a few of you blow a load, let me explain a few things.

I will not switch because you tell me my iPhone sucks.

I will not switch because you talk about Flash.

I am all for making the switch, however you will sell me by showing me how it can do what my iPhone currently does. How I will transition smoothly.

Here is what I want..
    • A Phone that works out of the box.
    • Has to be AT&T (I have unlimited everything and wont change carriers)
    • I have tons of music purchased through Apple, I want to be able to play them with minimal effort. (I'll convert songs if you have a simple solution).
    • Part of why I own an iPhone is the poserish "cool" factor. I want a bad ass phone that makes girls panties drop.

Alright.... GO.

DoubleTwist for your music

Also, root, put on new rom, free hot spot

EASY

Comment

IF you don't care about Flash then why are you even debating the switch?

Comment

Also

iPhone is iPhone

Android is Droid, Evo, Galaxy, Nexus, I can go on if you like

Comment

Look at what these people said about the Evo

Comment

Originally posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
            Look at what these people said about the Evo
            Just demonstrating that there are options

Comment

Originally posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
              IF you don't care about Flash then why are you even debating the switch?

Flash is an issue somewhat. My point is mostly that I want to hear new arguments. Flash isn't going to be what sells me, however it would be great to have.

Comment

Comment

Atrix would be a good phone for you if you're looking for a switch.

Motorola has great build quality, and if you don't like the Blur UI, you can always use launcherpro or ADW and do whatever you want with it.

Currently, I'm using a custom Mod of Android 2.3.3, which adds Music Syncing to the cloud......that's going to be a huge selling point very soon for Android, whenever devices start popping up with the option enabled

Double twist is great for music, better by far than what you're used to, and it can sync wirelessly over your WIFI connection

Comment

So if I walk into an AT&T store you'd recommend playing with the Atrix?

Comment

yeah, I would...it's by far AT&T's best Android phone imo

BUT, don't make a decision based solely on the UI, after all, it's blur

you can download ADW launcher and play around with it as well on the atrix if you want

Comment

if I personally was buying an AT&T phone, I would probably buy the HTC Inspire though

4.3" Screen, HTC Sense, high end specs, and I like the design/feel better than Motorola's offerings

if you're looking for quicker updates to newer versions of android too, you're probably better off with HTC

Try both, see which you like better, but remember you can always change the UI

Comment

Just a pic of my Vibrant next to the old 3g

Comment

Couple more pics laying on top of the Vibrant

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                              Couple more pics laying on top of the Vibrant

Now you need an animated gif of the vibrant humping the iphone

Comment

Working...
                              X