Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody Save My Faith in Today's Filmmakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody Save My Faith in Today's Filmmakers.

I've seen SO many movies in my life. A handful of very good movies, and MANY MANY MANY crappy films. Is it wrong of me to demand a good storyline, with solid execution? SO many movies these days have such great potential, and the premise is so solid, yet the execution is just piss poor.

So, give me a movie in the last 5 years that you think was fantastic. One that had a great story, solid execution, and you felt was deserved of your time. I'll watch these and report back.

Go...

never say never

Comment

ICT is the new Joe_Norris?

Comment

King's Speech and The Fighter were both really good this year. But, I was also entertained by Salt, so take my suggestions with a grain of.......oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
          King's Speech and The Fighter were both really good this year. But, I was also entertained by Salt, so take my suggestions with a grain of.......oh wait.
          :facepalm:

Comment

Film mentioned "Inglorious Bastards" which I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVEN'T SEEN. How could I forget that one. Will be watching that one tonight. Then I'll watch Fighter.

I WILL NOT however sit through Salt again.

Comment

Yes, Inglorious Bastards is a great recommendation.

Comment

Inglorious Basterds was good in my book. Excellent dialogues and individual scenes, but it had pacing issues. It's Tarintino-- a 'B' movie done extraordinarily well. I submit these as must sees:

Children of Men
                The Prestige
                There Will be Blood
                No Country for Old Men

A fun documentary to check out is: 'Exit Through the Gift Shop'. It's the story of street art and how one crazy/OCD Frenchman commercialized street art and fooled the LA art community.

Comment

Wait, how is ICT being me?

I'm the furthest thing from a movie snob...Fast and Furious is one of my favorite series'

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                    Wait, how is ICT being me?

I'm the furthest thing from a movie snob...Fast and Furious is one of my favorite series'

Joe... I assume it's another attempt for the users here to hold back the forums. MOAR SAMMICH CHAT, less starting threads. :glasses:

Comment

Iron Man and Iron Man 2 were both excellent. Jon Favreau may be my current favorite filmmaker. Lesser directors would've mired down the superhero story with too much origin and a shoehorned romance. Favreau avoided that and still had the sexy Gweneth Paltrow play a good, interesting woman's role. The origin lasted about 45 minutes, then the story of Iron Man's first supervillain took over. It rewrote the Superhero Movie genre textbook. And the sequel fitted beautifully, expanding key characters from the present and past, and enlarging the already larger than life Tony Stark. Comedy, drama, light romance in small doses, tons of good action.

Watchmen, by Zack Snyder, is also a beautifully rendered film that is true enough to the graphic novel and a phenomenal bit of filmmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                        Joe... I assume it's another attempt for the users here to hold back the forums. MOAR SAMMICH CHAT, less starting threads. :glasses:
                        ah...well I'm proud of myself

/action starts another thread

Comment

Also, the latest run of Pixar cements the company as being in it's Golden Age.

Nothing but perfection every time out. Suck it, Dreamworks.

Comment

A movie I loved, but not many people saw, is Big Fan. Patton Oswald is amazing, and the ending, while perfect, caught me completely by surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                              Jon Favreau may be my current favorite filmmaker.
                              Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X