Sprint HTC Hero Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint HTC Hero Question

My wife is out of country for awhile, to complete some school, and she has had zero luck in getting an HTC Hero (Sprint) unlocked. She's there long enough that I'll pay the cancellation fee on this phone here. I'm out of my element with respect to these phones but is this phone easily unlocked here? I was hoping some of you cell phone gurus might know. TIA

Evolvehawk will have you rooted in moments

Comment

Not going to work. Get a GSM based phone.

Comment

what he said

your phone is CDMA, not GSM

need another phone

Comment

Thanks guys. I lost track of this with all the new topics over the weekend. We're about halfway through the 2-year contract for her and I'll pay the penalty on that. She basically misses her old phone there, has some sort of older Blackberry at the moment. We may try to buy a GSM capable phone for her here and I'll take it to her. Any recommendations for Brazil? We'll get through this schooling period and then upgrade upon her return. My HTC Hero is working well despite a cracked screen, hopefully it will hold out until then....

Comment

if you want something that can still come back to sprint, Blackberry makes several CDMA "world" phones that have GSM chips as well.

BTW, Sprint is getting ready to announce a ton of new phones in the next few weeks....hold tight

Comment

Originally posted by Evolvehawk View Post
              if you want something that can still come back to sprint, Blackberry makes several CDMA "world" phones that have GSM chips as well.

BTW, Sprint is getting ready to announce a ton of new phones in the next few weeks....hold tight
              Wow, the search function works......

So we never did anything but the new variable is that I'm moving to the New Orleans area. I've done a little poking around and from what I can gather 4G from Sprint is nowhere near Louisiana and perhaps one of the phones you were thinking of was the Nexus 4G. I don't yet have a house purchased so I'll be in an apartment for a few months. I'm perplexed with what to do with my DirecTV, internet, phone/cell phone. I look at some of the Sprint stuff for hot spots, etc., and it would seem that lacking 4G it isn't a strong option. I'd love to stay with Sprint but another option may be better there. I've yet to contact DirecTV about their "move" program but if it is a one time thing I'll likely take my dishes from the current house to the apartment to save the one-time install at the new house. If not limited I'll use it twice.

Anyway, any guidance on Sprint cell phone/internet options would be most appreciated.

Comment

as long as you've been a customer a while and paid your shit on time, DTV will install you for free

all you take when you setup a movers is your receivers and remotes

leave all coax wiring and the dish, they'll install you a new one and probably install a SWiM setup when you get it done anyways

Comment

as long as you've been a customer a while and paid your shit on time, DTV will install you for free

all you take when you setup a movers is your receivers and remotes

leave all coax wiring and the dish, they'll install you a new one and probably install a SWiM setup when you get it done anyways

Comment

Originally posted by ShooterFlatch View Post
                    Wow, the search function works......

So we never did anything but the new variable is that I'm moving to the New Orleans area. I've done a little poking around and from what I can gather 4G from Sprint is nowhere near Louisiana and perhaps one of the phones you were thinking of was the Nexus 4G. I don't yet have a house purchased so I'll be in an apartment for a few months. I'm perplexed with what to do with my DirecTV, internet, phone/cell phone. I look at some of the Sprint stuff for hot spots, etc., and it would seem that lacking 4G it isn't a strong option. I'd love to stay with Sprint but another option may be better there. I've yet to contact DirecTV about their "move" program but if it is a one time thing I'll likely take my dishes from the current house to the apartment to save the one-time install at the new house. If not limited I'll use it twice.

Anyway, any guidance on Sprint cell phone/internet options would be most appreciated.
                    Evo 3D I'd say if you're considering your next phone, also I've read that there are potentially issues with the 4G on the Nexus 4G as far as speeds are concerned compared to other Sprint phones. Of course if there's no 4G then it's fairly irrelevant. I had a Nexus S on T-Mo until it was stolen at the Y and it was a great phone, I miss it terribly. However, we are in the age of multi-core phones and that one is basically 6 months old now with a different radio added in, so I don't know if I'd go for it. Or get the Galaxy S II version that hits Sprint - the Within or something, I've read that's a beast. If you aren't soliciting comments on the cell phones, I apologize, but I can never resist discussing them.

Comment

Working...
                    X