Semi-annual BEER thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-annual BEER thread

This beer is insanely great. Southern Tier Imperial Oat Oatmeal Stout. Runs about $8/bottle and is easily worth it.

Geeze, Money Bags!

Comment

What thee fuck makes that beer eight times better than my coors light

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a criticism at all Hoopo....but how much money do you estimate you spend per week on beer? Just wondering.

(and, btw, you were right....Kona Brewing puts out a lot of good stuff. Their Pale Ale was my favorite).

Comment

Originally posted by samandbendrivemetodrink View Post
          Not a criticism at all Hoopo....but how much money do you estimate you spend per week on beer? Just wondering.

(and, btw, you were right....Kona Brewing puts out a lot of good stuff. Their Pale Ale was my favorite).
          I spend about $60/week, plus a monthly visit to the specialty store (either Knightly Spirits or Total Wine & Spirits) where I probably drop $100 easily. Included in my ~$60/week is my once per week visit to the local brewery, on $3 beer day. $15 + $10 tip (I'm smitten by the bar girl).

In all, not a major expense. About what I spend a week on gasoline and toll roads.

I estimate the annual expense at about $3000.

Comment

$60 a week isn't bad. I easily spend that on useless shit at Target per week.

Comment

I didn't include the annual Germany trip, which is about $3000 for four weeks, mostly on beer, lol.

Comment

I picked up a 6-pack of New Belgium's Pale Ale (Mighty Arrow -- a spring seasonal). Pale Ale's are probably my favorite type of beer and I really can't believe I haven't tried this before. I think it's been out a few years (last year was ruled out since I was pregnant). Having lived in Fort Collins for 9 years, we are big fans of New Belgium.

So this was ok. It seemed less hoppy to me than most PA's. I am a fan of hops so this wasn't necessarily a good thing. It also seemed a little (GASP!) fruity to me. But since I am a chick, I have no issue with a fruity aftertaste.

My goal going forward is to buy a new, never-tried 6-pack of beer every Sunday when I do my weekly grocery store run. I welcome any suggestions.

I was also thrilled to see that my favorite beer that I drank nearly everyday while in Hawaii (Kona's Fire Rock Pale Ale) was at my Safeway.

Comment

Comment

Two new flavors I'm enjoying: Sam Adams Alpine Spring and Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA. Thumbs way up for the Rye. I enjoy the midwinter replacement for Winter Lager. But a bit too citrusy sometimes.

Comment

Comment

Which one of you assholes (guernica) is going to send me some of the Boulevard Chocolate Ale????

Comment

Which one of you assholes (guernica) is going to send me some of the Boulevard Chocolate Ale????
                          I've got as many miles from KC as you do. Get your lapdogs Oobers or Wave to do it.

Comment

Boulevard tweeted a link to a blog post on their site basically saying to stop bothering them, when and where it's available is up to the distributors now.

Comment

Working...
                            X