Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WtW Night at the K: June 25th - Cubs vs. Royals

Hey gang!

Over the months, an idea has developed during chat about having a WtW night at the K when the Cubs come to visit this June. I know that we have quite a few fans for both teams, and thought it would be cool to have a gathering.

Here is where I hope JHAWKJason is paying attention: Jason had been trying (at one point) to find out about group rates on tickets for a game. Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Friday February 25th), and tickets are probably going to go much faster than normal for this series. If we want to be able to get tickets in the same area, we'll have to move fast.

If you're interested in going to the game, post here and tell us how many tickets you'll be in for. Keep in mind that somebody (hopefully Jason?) is going to have to put up the money for your tickets, and it only seems fair that person be compensated for no-shows.

As per our discussion in chat, it was decided that we would look to find cheap tickets for the WtW crowd, so we're not looking at an expensive evening (unless you are buying ballpark beer). I would be willing to organize a tailgate before the game (game time is 6:10).

More details to follow!

IN

Comment

Hey guys - please let me know how many tickets you're in for.

Preliminary info is that even the cheapest tickets will be $15/game for this series. The sooner we get them ordered, the better chance we get in together and at that price.

Comment

I don't want you fuckers to know who I am. ANONYMOUS BITCHES!

Comment

Fuck the Royals and the Cubs.

I'll be watching a team that can at least win some games....Go Twins!

Comment

Another option - instead of buying into group tickets, if you want to pay your own way in, we could just have the tailgate beforehand. Post your preference in the thread!

Comment

I did look into it but didn't push further for Friday/Saturday because of a small issue:

"All Group Ticket and Suite customers that want to purchase Friday/Saturday St. Louis Cardinals (5/20 & 5/21) and Friday/Saturday Chicago Cubs (6/24 & 6/25) will be required to purchase an additional game excluding Opening Day."

While I would love to go to a game with a bunch of WTW people and sit together, I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to get the same amount of people to go to a second game as a group. We can figure something out though. If we want to go on Sunday, 6/27, group pricing for that game is as follows, with a minimum of 20 people needed:

George Brett Lounge: $115
              Dugout Plaza: $42
              Field Box: $38
              Field Plaza: $32
              Loge Box: $42
              Loge Box Outfield: $40
              Outfield Box (Sonic Slam & State Farm): $28
              Rivals Outfield Box: $27
              Hy-Vee Reserved Box: $23
              Hy-Vee Infield: $21
              Hy-Vee Box: $18
              Hy-Vee View: $14

I would be in for two people on Sunday, or, alternatively, we can plan that Saturday and just let people get their own tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
                I don't want you fuckers to know who I am. ANONYMOUS BITCHES!
                G

Comment

It looks like they're only giving a $1 or $2 break on tickets, then. I say don't worry about getting group discounts. If we each just get our own tickets. We could still have one help of a tailgate party.

Comment

I'm sure my son would love to go, I could bring him down...not sure about the wife...

what day is it going to be for sure? Saturday or Sunday?

Comment

Saturday for sure. Sunday sucks for boozing. So we're all buying individual tickets.. I don't know the best section to sit in as I haven't been to the K in years. Someone want to choose a section and we can all just buy seats there? Keep it around the $20 mark.

Comment

I like to sit in the seats just behind LF. It's super close to two beer stands.

Comment

I went to a Royals game ON ACID once. One of the best times of my life.

Baseball started to really suck for me shortly after that occasion in 1994.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                            I went to a Royals game ON ACID once. One of the best times of my life.

Baseball started to really suck for me shortly after that occasion in 1994.
                            But have you ever been to a game on weed?

Comment

lemme talk to the lady friend and I'm either a +1 or +2

Comment

Working...
                              X