X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Special in Lawrence

Don't care if it's still in effect or not

I had two faves:

1)Half price beer towers and $.30 wings at Yacht Club on wednesdays....I lived basically in the holidome's back yard....easy walk home=DRUNK

2)Sundays and Tuesdays=$2 Big Beers (included boulevard wheat)....I rarely made my 8 am MW classes...I'm almost certain that this has been changed since then

Honorable Mention:

Sunday at L.West---->bloodies and boulevard schooners

1)Louise's West Anchor Steam Schooners on Thurs/Bloody Mary's and Boulevard Schooners on Sunday

2)Quinton's any 32oz draw for $2.50 and $3 Patron Shots on Tuesday

3)Quinton's Margaritas on Fridays (almost always resulted in blacking out)

4)Dollar Night at The Hawk when I was under 21

5)Pitchers at The Crossing

6)Pint Night at Free State

7)Jars at Harbour Lights

The building that is now Demphesy's used to be called "The Bar" briefly. You could get $3 Boulevard (Crossing sized) pitchers on Wed.

Comment

$1.75 day at Free State pretty much rules any special anywhere. Beer of that quality for that price is so rare as to be nearly unheard of in other locales.

Comment

I don't see how people drink mass amounts of wheat beer. The only time I ever did it. I woke up feeling like I swallowed a whole loaf of bread. It was horrid!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSuxDirtyBirds View Post
          I don't see how people drink mass amounts of wheat beer. The only time I ever did it. I woke up feeling like I swallowed a whole loaf of bread. It was horrid!
          I'm the same. Wheat beers, weissbeir, witbiere -- those don't count as session beers to me. Luckily no one brought them up in this thread.

Comment

Dime draws at Duffy's on away game days.
            $1.75 schoons at L's downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
              I'm the same. Wheat beers, weissbeir, witbiere -- those don't count as session beers to me. Luckily no one brought them up in this thread.
              Look at #2 on Joes list. BLVD wheat

Comment

Is the Hatter still around? They used to have like $5 Fish Bowls. I bet S&B swilled her fair share of those.

Comment

Originally posted by sweaterbydarwin View Post
                  Is the Hatter still around? They used to have like $5 Fish Bowls. I bet S&B swilled her fair share of those.
                  I am taking that as a compliment.

My favorite special was quarter draw night at Dos Hombres on Wednesdays. Anyone remember that? That patio was AWESOME in the summer on Wednesday nights.

Comment

Monday Night - Free State
                    Thursday - Louise's Downtown

Comment

The Santuary....$1 pitchers and dime draws if I remember correctly, but that was like 26 years ago so my memory might be a bit flawed.

Comment

Quarter draws at The Wheel- a full 12 oz.
                        Also 1.00 Schooners at The Hawk, and $1.50 pitchers at Pour Richard's.
                        And you only have to be 18 to get in any of these places!

But this was 1978.

Comment

Dos was great.

Originally posted by samandbendrivemetodrink View Post
                          I am taking that as a compliment.

My favorite special was quarter draw night at Dos Hombres on Wednesdays. Anyone remember that? That patio was AWESOME in the summer on Wednesday nights.

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
                            Quarter draws at The Wheel- a full 12 oz.
                            Also 1.00 Schooners at The Hawk, and $1.50 pitchers at Pour Richard's.
                            And you only have to be 18 to get in any of these places!

But this was 1978.
                            Well that part is still true at the Hawk and Wheel in 2011.

Comment

bumpski for n00bers, save some money young man

Comment

Working...
                              X