Andriod Sprint Phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andriod Sprint Phones

I know this has been discussed in length before, but I'm in the mkt for a new Andriod phone on Sprint and I'm not exactly looking to pay the $10/mo for 4G since it's not available where I live. Any recommendations?? Evolve??

Are you sure you still have to pay the $10 if it's not available in your market? I honestly don't know, just asking. I have an EVO and I love it, but I pay the 4G fee.

Comment

Sorry to tell you but Sprint is adding that $10 fee to ALL smart phones whether they are 4G or 3G.

Comment

yup, what Dewar said

may as well get the EVO

Comment

Originally posted by dewarsrocks View Post
          Sorry to tell you but Sprint is adding that $10 fee to ALL smart phones whether they are 4G or 3G.
          WTF? Even for the Simply Everything plans?

Comment

yes

Comment

Haven't you noticed all of the US carriers have started a new "squeeze the consumer" campaign emasse this year?

Go with the EVO, I love mine. She even has a name.

Also, if you are what they consider Premiere and get a yearly upgrade, it you have an upgrade available use it before april 1. On April 1 they are changing their premiere program to gold and silver levels. Only gold level gets yearly upgrades. I have 5 phones on a family plan and pay over $200 a month and they still stuck me in silver, which lets you upgrade all phones every 22 months. It's no big deal to me because all 5 phones can upgrade every 22 months which VZW didn't allow when I was with them.

I'm eligible for an upgrade so will probably grab another EVO for one of the other lines.

Comment

Haven't you noticed all of the US carriers have started a new "squeeze the consumer" campaign emasse this year?

Also, if you are what they consider Premiere and get a yearly upgrade, it you have an upgrade available use it before april 1. On April 1 they are changing their premiere program to gold and silver levels. Only gold level gets yearly upgrades. I have 5 phones on a family plan and pay over $200 a month and they still stuck me in silver, which lets you upgrade all phones every 22 months. It's no big deal to me because all 5 phones can upgrade every 22 months which VZW didn't allow when I was with them.

I'm eligible for an upgrade so will probably grab another EVO for one of the other lines.
                Yes, but as a ex-Sprint employee who still understands their struggles I didn't expect Sprint to make that move this quick. Of course, with their comments last week all but confirming LTE as the new standard Sprint is basically screwed (what else is new). I'm similar to you where I have 4 phones for ~$215/mo with one 4G device already. I am a premier member and think 2 of my lines are Gold, with the rest being silver. I qualify for Gold on two lines with the 10yr rule.

Any comments on the EVO Shift? This is a phone for my wife, so not as important to push the limits on the specs.

Comment

The Shift is a crap mid range phone

Evo's the only phone on Sprint worth buying right now

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk1977 View Post
                    Yes, but as a ex-Sprint employee who still understands their struggles I didn't expect Sprint to make that move this quick. Of course, with their comments last week all but confirming LTE as the new standard Sprint is basically screwed (what else is new). I'm similar to you where I have 4 phones for ~$215/mo with one 4G device already. I am a premier member and think 2 of my lines are Gold, with the rest being silver. I qualify for Gold on two lines with the 10yr rule.

Any comments on the EVO Shift? This is a phone for my wife, so not as important to push the limits on the specs.
                    I don't like the feel of the shift. I'm used to the smooth face of the EVO and the shift has a metal ridge around the edge that just feels like a dirt catcher.

Comment

I've heard Wimax and LTE use the same equipment and it's pretty much a firmware change on must stuff to move to LTE.

What was funny it read was that Sprint is now moving from T1 backhaul to fiber. VZW has been doing this for a while, my company is delivering the fiber to their towers in a few markets. They're lighting up 50mb pipes to each tower initially but the fiber can go up to 1gb. They're getting crazy pricing compared to T1s also.

Comment

^----- Well look who doesn't know how to correctly use the quote buttons on the new board yet. drrrr

Comment

I've heard Wimax and LTE use the same equipment and it's pretty much a firmware change on must stuff to move to LTE.

What was funny it read was that Sprint is now moving from T1 backhaul to fiber. VZW has been doing this for a while, my company is delivering the fiber to their towers in a few markets. They're lighting up 50mb pipes to each tower initially but the fiber can go up to 1gb. They're getting crazy pricing compared to T1s also.
                          Little more complicated than that...and very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolvehawk View Post
                            The Shift is a crap mid range phone

Evo's the only phone on Sprint worth buying right now
                            Okay, got the EVO for the wife....now what do I load to make it easier for her...this is also my trial device until I get an EVO or the EVO2 later this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk1977 View Post
                              Okay, got the EVO for the wife....now what do I load to make it easier for her...this is also my trial device until I get an EVO or the EVO2 later this summer.
                              Define easier.

In terms of apps, only load one or two at a time with a day or two between. I've had to reset my phone twice because of bad apps. Finally used the approach mentioned above and was able to uninstall the right one that screwed up my bluetooth instead of a reset for the third time.

Comment

Working...
                              X