ATMO: Bottled water dispensers/coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATMO: Bottled water dispensers/coolers

I'm in the market for a home bottled water dispenser/water cooler/whatever the hell they're called.

I want one that provides both hot and cold water. Don't really give a shit whether it also has a room-temperature option.

Does anyone have one (home or office, though I'm not looking to spend more than $200 for some badass machine) that they like or dislike?

These two are the current leaders:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...1#BVRRWidgetID

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...amp;marketID=2

Re: ATMO: Bottled water dispensers/coolers

I haven't had or used one for years. But, my biggest bitch about them was changing the jug of water and pouring the first gallon all over the floor.

Edit: This was before they changed the caps to the puncture type vs. having to remove the entire cap to change bottles.

Comment

Yeah, I change the bottles at work sometimes (still with the removable caps) and I know the importance of having a large enough reservoir on top of the thing so that you can execute the switcheroo without much mess.

There's another one that's a bottom-loading unit that I'm thinking about, though I'm concerned that the pump is just one more thing to have break. I'm sure if I show this one to my wife, it'll become the leading candidate.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11328505&Ne=4000000&eC at=BC|89&N=4016003&Mo=20&No=2&Nr=P _CatalogName:BC&cat=54018&Ns=P_Price|1||P_ SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C

Comment

This guy just arrived at my door 20 minutes ago and is currently humming away in the corner, preparing me my first glass of nearly ice-cold water.

Costo didn't have any in stock at my local store--water coolers are apparently a seasonally stocked item. What season is the bigtime water cooler sale time of the year is beyond me, but I'd have guessed that back to school time would be as good as any.

Anyway, I had to order it from their website which delayed my agua gratification by a few more days than I would have liked. Free shipping though.

I'll report back once I've sampled both its cold and its hot water.

Comment

I'm dying to know how your glass of cold water tastes.

Comment

It's fucking delicious. Crisp, clean, refreshing, and devoid of all those little white air bubbles.

My wife's tea was also pleasing.

I never have the patience to stand in front of the tap long enough for it to get as cold as I want.

No house is complete without one of these. I give it a hearty endorsement thus far.

Comment

Cold water? Big deal. Can you fuck it is what I want to know

Comment

Had one of these at a party house I lived in while at KU. It got devoured during Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning hangovers. They're worth every penny imo.

Comment

[quote author=TacoHut link=topic=340.msg8071#msg8071 date=1282871198]
                  Cold water? Big deal. Can you fuck it is what I want to know
                  [/quote]

I suppose you could get some sort of vagina-like mold and then freeze the water into some sort of frozen Fleshlight?

Comment

Working...
                  X