Revenge, Stink Revenge, or Other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenge, Stink Revenge, or Other?

I had a situation which is a long story, but find the whole thing to be fraudulent and egregious and reprehensible.

Long story short:

in Cali, you have to get your car smogged every few years. this is an inherently good thing for the air we breathe, but has spawned a bunch of crooks who open shops and take advantage.

I did a google search for a smog test near me, went there to drop my car off with a swarthy, Armenian Mafia guy. keep in mind, the last time I did this was 3 years ago and the car, predictably, passed with flying colors.

the guy shows me that my car failed the NOX emission part of my test, to the tune of 33 particles per million. he say: "take it to the vietnamese guy 4 blocks away. he's fairly priced and people like him." I leave the smog shop, surprised I have to do any repair to my car, and drive it to my mechanic.

my mechanic, who knows the car pretty well, calls me and says that someone has fucked with the timing (factory is 12 degrees and it was set to 22.)

so my theory is that the smog guy fucked up my car by changing the timing, failed my test, then sent me to his buddy, who would change the timing back, charge me $190 for the effort, and split the money with the smog guy.

I want revenge. the Bureau of Automotive Affairs has a desk to deal with this kind of stuff, but I don't feel like going on record against this Armenian Mafia smog shop. I want street justice.

my first thought is to get hold of some really stinky fish from Trader Joes, grind it up in the food processor, freeze it into a couple of ice cube trays, and, under cover of night, throw the ice cubes on top of the roof of the shop to melt in the sun. this may or may not provide the amount of odor I feel would be just. I'd love to get something stinky inside the shop, but it's heartily fortified, and would be impossible to slip inside unnoticed.

thoughts?

Re: Revenge, Stink Revenge, or Other?

Stink palm.

Hey Mr Svening, how the hell are ya?

Comment

one post, two google searches

Comment

anything rancid is good

Comment

I've always been a fan of using Craigslist for fake ads.

and this is a good one

Then I’d get some of their advertising, cut out the logo or copy it from their website and make up some 80% off everything coupons and drop them around the front doors every few days.

Comment

[quote author=sweaterbydarwin link=topic=3622.msg41811#msg41811 date=1297551569]
            I've always been a fan of using Craigslist for fake ads.

and this is a good one

Then I’d get some of their advertising, cut out the logo or copy it from their website and make up some 80% off everything coupons and drop them around the front doors every few days.
            [/quote]

awesome idea

Comment

Just blow it up. Do the prison term like a man.

Sell your story to Pixar.

Comment

Teabag him.

Comment

Working...
                X