Poor old Harry Baals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor old Harry Baals

You would think a four term mayor of Fort Wayne, Indiana like Harry Baals wouldn't have a problem getting his name on a new government center.

"Unfortunately for everyone who is a huge fan of Baals, Fort Wayne city officials aren't too keen on naming the building after the esteemed former mayor. "We realize that while Harry Baals was a respected mayor, not everyone outside of Fort Wayne will know that," Deputy Mayor Beth Malloy told the Associated Press. "We wanted to pick something that would reflect our pride in our community beyond the boundaries of Fort Wayne."

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/02/09/...r-harry-baals/

Re: Poor old Harry Baals

Comment

I say give that man his due.

I envision a tall building pointing up into the sky with two small visitor centers (or shops) on opposite sides of the building attached to the main unit at the ground level. Surrounded by nice shrubbery that is kept well manicured.

Comment

LMMFAO

First, what the fuck are parents thinking?

Second, why would you go by the name "Harry" if your last name is "Baals"? At least rock the Harold.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=3584.msg41463#msg41463 date=1297366773]
          LMMFAO

First, what the fuck are parents thinking?

Second, why would you go by the name "Harry" if your last name is "Baals"? At least rock the Harold.
          [/quote]

It may be a generational thing. One of my dad's buddies when I was young was named Mr. Palmer. First name Dick. He'd probably choose Richard or Rick today.

Or a pronunciation thing. Baals may sound more like bails.

Comment

Working...
          X