Tell me about the PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the PS3

Full disclosure. I am not a gamer. I am generally below average to bad at everything except Madden 02.

The last system I bought was a PS2 from when I was in 7th grade that I use to play DVD's and the last game I played was NCAA 03 with Joey Harrington on the cover. I have played MW2 and Madden 08 at a friends house before and it was enjoyable.

Well I tell you that to tell you this. I just bought a PS3 on amazon and got a $50 credit. Was interested in a Blu Ray and this deal (if you want to call it that) came up and I went for it. What in the world do I need to know about my recent impulse? Games, connections, apps (do those exist?), cables, etc. I don't know shit about shit so any info would be appreciated.

I got NBA 2k11 and will order BLOPS when the credit comes in.

TIA

Re: Tell me about the PS3

2k11 is supposed to be awesome...but I just haven't had the extra cash flow to pick it up

those two games are a solid start...

full disclosure, I got the ps3 as an impulse blu ray buy as well...and I've only ever had two games on there

Heavy Rain demo was intriguing but I never pulled the trigger

Comment

Will my shit be in HD or do I need special cables to actually see the sweat drop off Dirk's face? Does it automatically connect to my wifi? Can I stream pr0n? I take it Netflix streams to it too?

I recently got a half off voucher for my rent and a new job, so this was my "congrats" impulse buy. I can't wait to lose all interest in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Automatically connects to your wifi. Netflix does stream. HDMI cable is all you need.

Games:
        You already have NBA 2k11, but it can't be stressed enough how awesome it is. It might be the best sports title since Tecmo Super Bowl.

Uncharted 1 and 2; you can get 1 pretty cheap. They are both awesome.
        Infamous- also pretty cheap now and really awesome.
        People love Little Big Planet. User-created levels and what not.
        Mod Nation Racers is supposed to be fun. User-created levels and characters.

Comment

Just a male-to-male HDMI would work?

Comment

[quote author=blackPHOGmoan link=topic=3568.msg41193#msg41193 date=1297268613]
            Just a male-to-male HDMI would work?
            [/quote]

Yes sir.

Comment

don't be an idiot like me and go to the store drunk and somehow think a $60 HDMI cable is a good deal...(it makes it somewhat fair that I bought it in a bundle, but I shoulda done the math)

go to monoprice.com if you can wait for a couple days

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3568.msg41198#msg41198 date=1297270514]
                don't be an idiot like me and go to the store drunk and somehow think a $60 HDMI cable is a good deal...(it makes it somewhat fair that I bought it in a bundle, but I shoulda done the math)

go to monoprice.com if you can wait for a couple days
                [/quote]

Ha. I've bought cables from monoprice before to hook up my Mac to my tv. I bet your picture/sound is fucking sweet though, right? Haha.

Comment

Working...
                X