• Show
Clear All

• Disc Golfing

You do much of it?

Re: Disc Golfing

I'm not a hippie stoner.

Comment

I got really into it for awhile, and actually got pretty good at it. I would usually average about -2 to -7 under par. I knew some guys that would play in tournaments and were really good. What separated them from me was that they could consistently make it from about 30+ yards away. I was just as good off the tee, but would have to put it pretty close to give myself a legit chance to make it.

Comment

I throw one to my dog everyday if that counts

Comment

I have a few of the discs and last summer I played quite a bit, but not much any more. I'd like to though, it's at least something to do.

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=3557.msg40985#msg40985 date=1297201380]
            I got really into it for awhile, and actually got pretty good at it. I would usually average about -2 to -7 under par. I knew some guys that would play in tournaments and were really good. What separated them from me was that they could consistently make it from about 30+ yards away. I was just as good off the tee, but would have to put it pretty close to give myself a legit chance to make it.
            [/quote]

Just like in regular golf, the short game is the key.

Comment

I started playing around 1992 and was pretty serious about it for about five years. Picked it back up around 2001 and played with my brother every week, usually with some guests. We'd travel around NE Kansas to different courses. Then my bro injured his shoulder in 2004 and we stopped playing. Then I moved to Florida, where it's deathly hot and humid much of the year. Haven't played since.

Comment

Working...
              X