Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a bit fugged up

Pharmacy gives a girl the wrong medicine

She was given a pill that is used for chemo, but also used to terminate pregnancies....Safeway has offered to cover medicall expenses

Guessing the bill is gonna be a little bit heftier than that

Re: This is a bit fugged up

Pretty sure someone got/will get fired over that one.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=3554.msg40936#msg40936 date=1297193380]
      Pretty sure someone got/will get fired over that one.
      [/quote]

Doubt it. Pharmacy's have insurance to cover this stuff. It happens. Humans make mistakes, especially when it comes to mixing up people that have the same/similar names. There will be a reprimand for not checking the DOB /address and maybe some retraining but that's about it. That's why it's always important as a patient to know what you are supposed to be taking and to make sure you get your prescriptions, especially if you have a common name.

Comment

but do you think that they'll get off with just paying the medical bills

my first thought was this woman will be set for life

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3554.msg40979#msg40979 date=1297200633]
          but do you think that they'll get off with just paying the medical bills

my first thought was this woman will be set for life
          [/quote]

Depends on the result of taking it. And how good her lawyer is.

Comment

I figured it'd be an open and shut case, Johnson

Comment

This is just a white problem. There is no way in hell I would go to a pharmacy and they would confuse my legal name with someone else's.

Comment

[quote author=JHAWKjason link=topic=3554.msg41012#msg41012 date=1297203892]
                This is just a white problem. There is no way in hell I would go to a pharmacy and they would confuse my legal name with someone else's.
                [/quote]

Interesting, didn't know Silva was a white last name.

Comment

Few thoughts:

1) I hope the baby is ok. That really sucks for her and I don't want to sound insensitive, but.....

2) Do you think that chick could have dressed up a little more for her interview with CNN? Good grief.

3) I was given the wrong prescription before. It was right after one of my baby's was born (sorry, I lose track of which one) and I had a script for percocet. I noticed before I took it that although it was my name on the bottle, it wasn't my address. I immediately called the pharmacy and they apologized profusely and said the scripts were mixed up. I never thought to ask what it was that I almost mistakenly took.

Comment

I always look at the pills and compare them online to what I'm supposed to be taking just to make sure

Comment

Almost as fugged up as the Tom Lightesque behavior by certain mods on here...

Comment

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=3554.msg41099#msg41099 date=1297212446]
                        I always look at the pills and compare them online to what I'm supposed to be taking just to make sure

[/quote]

fair, I'm not saying she's the sharpest tool in the shed....and if I were playing devil's advocate I'd pose the possibility that she knew they were for the wrong person, googled em to see if they'd get her high, realized she could sue the shit out of safeway, and took em anyway...but I'm not a devil OR an advocate, so I won't say that

Comment

I just snort everything. It is science that if you snort something, it will always work.

Comment

Working...
                          X