Oahu/Kauai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oahu/Kauai

We are going to Hawaii in less than two weeks.....3 nights in Oahu and 7 in Kauai.

I've been to both islands before but it has been over 4 years.

Anyone have any great restaurant recommendations or other cool things to do?

We have a condo on Waikiki at the Wyndham in Oahu and a condo in the Kapaa area of Kauai. We'll have the in-laws with us in Kauai so we have babysitters at our disposal which increases our options. Last time we were in Kauai we did the helicopter tour so I doubt we will spring for that again.

Re: Oahu/Kauai

Make teh secks on teh beeech. Actually, skip it and do it elsewhere.

Comment

A friend of mine just visited Hawaii, and his favorite part of the trip was scuba diving and listening to the whales communicate with each other. Apparently there's some sort of device that picks up on their vibrations. He's also a big-time stoner, though, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Is this "start a thread where you brag about all the awesome places you go" day?

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3524.msg40685#msg40685 date=1297117787]
          Is this "start a thread where you brag about all the awesome places you go" day?
          [/quote]

If you have ever vacationed with my in-laws, you would know that I am actually dreading this trip (with the exception of the first three nights when we are without them). We have done Hawaii with them before and the lesson that I learned is that we need to plan our own daily trips to escape them....hence the thread. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot to do in Kauai.

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=3524.msg40699#msg40699 date=1297121687]
            [quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3524.msg40685#msg40685 date=1297117787]
            [/quote]

If you have ever vacationed with my in-laws, you would know that I am actually dreading this trip (with the exception of the first three nights when we are without them). We have done Hawaii with them before and the lesson that I learned is that we need to plan our own daily trips to escape them....hence the thread. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot to do in Kauai.
            [/quote]

You're joking right?
            There is tons to do. You could go drive a van through the forest with Hurley, or you can see if you can catch Sawyer with his shirt off again. There is a submarine ride you can take (though make sure you get out before it blows up ). There is a really cool well you can go down too! When you get back from your trip let us know how the 70's were.

Comment

Check out Yanagi sushi in Honolulu. Also, prepare to get a raping at every meal when the bill comes. We finally discovered a Denny's in Waikiki across from the Halekulani and ate breakfast there every morning to keep from going broke.

Comment

Kauai - we stayed at the St. Regis - Princeville, so a lot of these things are in that area...so, fairly close to Kapaa.

These are some of the more adventurous things I've done.

Zipline, here: http://adventureskauai.com/

Hike the Kalalau Trail, along the Napali Coast...though it started raining when we did it, and it got pretty slippery/scary. I definitely thought I was going to die, but you can't beat the views!

Go to Wailua Falls (twin falls from the Fantasy Island opening). There are lots and lots of scary warnings telling you not to hike down to the base of the falls, but if you want to take your life into your own hands...there's a rope, but it's still pretty treacherous...once there, you can go behind the falls and swim in the pool below them. It was worth it to me, just to say I did it...

Visit Queen's Bath, just a short hike down from the Princeville resort area - also really dangerous if the waves are coming in. There's signs warning of all the people who have been killed there...but it's really cool. Take a snorkel/mask and try not to have a panic attack when the waves almost push you out to see and then crush you against the rocks.

Check out Kipu Falls, near Puhi. You have to hike through fields of sugar cane (and technically that's private property), but there's a pretty decent path, to find it. Once you're at the falls, there's a cool rope swing, hanging from a tree extending over the pool/falls...now, supposedly people die doing this, but I didn't.

Less dangerous - see the sunset over Hanalei Bay & Makana Mountain from the St. Regis Princeville...Makana Terrace or the bar/terrace area. Absolutely breathtaking.

Comment

Watch out for the dead whales.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=3524.msg41262#msg41262 date=1297283520]
                    [/quote]

If you're lucky you can hear it die

Comment

I haven't had particularly great food in Oahu. if you have a condo, see if the concierge can hook you up with a good fresh fish shop. the best food I've ever had in HI was fish that was alive earlier in the day and now rests atop my grill.

Comment

[/quote]

Is this a joke about me in a bikini?

Comment

Oahu/Kauai

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=3524.msg41303#msg41303 date=1297294541]
                          [/quote]

[/quote]

Caught. Damn

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=3524.msg41303#msg41303 date=1297294541]
                            [/quote]

[/quote]

You pregnant again???

Comment

Rent a car and drive around Oahu. Visit North Shore and get some pie at Ted's. I think if you are at Waikiki, you can entertain yourself for a day or two just walking around shopping and beaching. China Town was interesting. I think hiking up to one of the pillboxes around the island would be cool. The have a big flea market at Aloha Stadium a couple of times a week. Pearl Harbor was cool, but if yo have already done that, you might not be into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X