Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halftime Show

Honestly, whether you like em or not

that was TERRIBLE...shoulda "lip sunk", "lip sank"?

doesn't matter...they sounded awful...

Re: Halftime Show

It was terrible, but that's what superbowl halftime shows are.

Comment

It was bad like a cheesy 70's scifi movie.

Comment

Yeah...I don't typically watch the half time show, but all the women wanted to see the BEP

it was awful...I'd rather watch the tecmo superbowl halftime show

Comment

It wasn't that bad. It was entertaining, and that's about all you can ask for. They are trying to cram a 45 minute show into 8 minutes and are dancing their asses off. Of course they aren't going to sound like Whitney Houston singing the national anthem.

The BEP play "fun" music, and that's what you got at halftime. They aren't trying to be the best vocalists. They are more about the show and the beat anyways.

Comment

Halftime Show

Granted I wasn't paying that much attention but I didn't hear any mic problems or crap singing. I didn't understand all the arrows and tron suits but it looked like fun. What more do you want? U2 ain't walking through that door again.

Comment

I just detest their music. It's too juvenile. Not that I expected the Dallas Symphony Orchestra or the Wynton Marsalis Septet, but it's a pretty steep dropoff from The Who, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and U2. Sure, they want stuff that's more contemporary with mass appeal but really they couldn't have done worse if they'd had Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber do halftime.

I'd have preferred something along the lines of Alicia Keys or Green Day.

Comment

eminem needs to do the halftime show

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=3510.msg40528#msg40528 date=1297091472They are trying to cram a 45 minute show into 8 minutes and are dancing their asses off. [/quote]

It felt like they tried to stretch about 8 minutes of talent into a 45 minute show. That was just plain terrible.

Comment

Fergie was epically bad. I don't see how you could have defended that performance.

Tron suits were kind of cool, the singing was bad, but their music sucks anyway.

Comment

why you gotta keep modding me hoopo

i'm starting to feel........

inadequate

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3510.msg40568#msg40568 date=1297100494]
                        why you gotta keep modding me hoopo

i'm starting to feel........

inadequate
                        [/quote]

Just felt it'd get far better movement here. Move it back if you want.

Comment

Just joking...just thought it was funny that I failed on two superbowl threads

Comment

NFL + emerging market demographics = Black Eyed Peas @ halftime

It wasn't terrible, but it felt like 2007. That was hit home pretty hard when Fergie was singing 'I'm so 2008, you're so 2000 and late.' BEP sing some pop, Slash appears magically and then Usher does some dancing. It felt dated and contrived.

The Superbowl is the pinnacle of broadcasting for the year. Sure, you got some great acts together with some nice visuals. However, would you say that it was something timeless? Timeless like U2, Prince or Sir Paul? No.

I just can't get into the whole 'let's put everyone on stage that won an Emmy last year' kind of performance. It's too cluttered and doesn't build upon itself. It builds tangential to itself.

Comment

To be fair, I believe the lyric is "I'm so 3008"

which according to urban dictionary is "something only Fergie can be"

I was hoping it would be a better definition

Comment

Working...
                              X