FUCK CANCER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUCK CANCER!

Found out my Step-Father has a small cancerous spot on his lung. He starts some new radiation thing on Monday. They don't think he will live if the do surgery, so this new radiation is the only treatment. FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: FUCK CANCER!

So sorry to hear that WSDB. That sucks big time, and here's hoping that his treatments are effective!!

Comment

man,sorry to hear that. Is he sick already? That is, why is the surgery such a risk?

Comment

[quote author=sweaterbydarwin link=topic=3465.msg39806#msg39806 date=1296674348]
        man,sorry to hear that. Is he sick already? That is, why is the surgery such a risk?
        [/quote]

He had a surgery on the same lung about 6 years ago. They removed what was a spot, but not cancerous. Well he clotted and had a stroke after the surgery. They are afraid something like that can happen again. He has just gained back his ability to speak somewhat clear.

Comment

yikes. Glass half full, alternatives to surgery have come a pretty long way in the last few. Sending out some positive vibes your way, regardless.

[quote author=WhiteSuxDirtyBirds link=topic=3465.msg39811#msg39811 date=1296674762]
          [quote author=sweaterbydarwin link=topic=3465.msg39806#msg39806 date=1296674348]
          [/quote]

He had a surgery on the same lung about 6 years ago. They removed what was a spot, but not cancerous. Well he clotted and had a stroke after the surgery. They are afraid something like that can happen again. He has just gained back his ability to speak somewhat clear.
          [/quote]

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear bro.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. Was he a smoker?

Comment

Stinks. Hope your family hangs in there.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. I am right there with you. My Dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer in Sept. Hang in there and best to your wife and in-laws.

Comment

On the health front, I lost a good friend from my 80s KU years way before his time yesterday. He lived in NYC and contracted what appears to be meningitis, which took his life fairly quickly. Folks in the city might read up on how to prevent contracting this killer.

Here's a report on Meningitis in NYC from CBS, dated January 20, 2011.

Cancer sucks. But it can be beat. Best wishes to you, White.

Comment

Comment

A kid got meningitis at KU right before I started there or a couple years before, can't remember exactly

it's nasty stuff...we had to get vaccinated before living in the dorms

Comment

Working...
                        X