Sister-in-law is having her citizenship hearing this afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister-in-law is having her citizenship hearing this afternoon

and here are some of the practice questions for the test she has to take.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Office of...tions/100q.pdf

Try to answer the questions and see if you pass.

Re: Sister-in-law is having her citizenship hearing this afternoon

Interesting that "American Indians" and "Native Americans" seem to be scored as two separate answers. Is that to include the Eskimo, Aleuts, Tklinkits, Caribs, etc. who are/were not techically Indians?

Comment

I got a 100%. It was easy, I just looked under the questions for the answer.

Comment

Your sister-in-law......citizenship......are you and Jefe brothers?!!???!!!!!

Comment

very easy test

Comment

If I don't pass will INS show up at my door?

Comment

Would love to see how douchey political pundits would fare on that test.

Comment

[quote author=bedouinsoundclash link=topic=3463.msg40135#msg40135 date=1296846238]
                Would love to see how douchey political pundits would fare on that test.
                [/quote]

I'd love to surprise Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann with a copy of that test WITHOUT the answers printed and a pencil and see how the ladies graded out.

Comment

Um...I aced it. But I also teach high school government, so I'd be embarrassed if I didn't.

For the record, I make my kids take a version of the citizenship test. There is an interesting immigrant population here, but that's not really why I make them do it. I figure it's just as important that kids born and raised in the states know these answers as anyone who comes in. You lose your right to bash others if you can't pass the test as well.

Same way I feel about people who don't vote bashing politicians...

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the way this test works for actual people is that they are given 10 random questions, of which they need to pass 6. They don't have to complete the whole thing.

Comment

I acded it and I 'm wasted. i win at americanism.

Comment

[quote author=UB link=topic=3463.msg40254#msg40254 date=1296894397]
                      I acded it and I 'm wasted. i win at americanism.
                      [/quote]

and....

Comment

[quote author=TheSinisterUrge link=topic=3463.msg40234#msg40234 date=1296870970]
                        Um...I aced it. But I also teach high school government, so I'd be embarrassed if I didn't.

For the record, I make my kids take a version of the citizenship test. There is an interesting immigrant population here, but that's not really why I make them do it. I figure it's just as important that kids born and raised in the states know these answers as anyone who comes in. You lose your right to bash others if you can't pass the test as well.

Same way I feel about people who don't vote bashing politicians...

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the way this test works for actual people is that they are given 10 random questions, of which they need to pass 6. They don't have to complete the whole thing.
                        [/quote]

This is a good idea. Kudos.

Comment

Working...
                        X