Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKFAST

Do you eat it?

in an effort to start living healthier I've started having breakfast every morning...brought in some oatmeal to the office

[img width=600 height=450]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg144/dkitchku/2011-01-26081621.jpg?t=1296053428[/img]

Re: BREAKFAST

Egg white omelet with ham and avocado every morning.

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3371.msg38503#msg38503 date=1296053790]
      Do you eat it?

in an effort to start living healthier I've started having breakfast every morning...brought in some oatmeal to the office

[img width=600 height=450]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg144/dkitchku/2011-01-26081621.jpg?t=1296053428[/img]
      [/quote]

I just had the same + a banana

Comment

I try, but usually end up failing. I always bring food to work but I'm never hungry in the morning. One of my desk drawers looks like a grocery store blew up.

Comment

Wheaties with flax seed sprinkled on it, drenched in skim milk. I also eat a banana and have grape juice. When it is cold, I also have Lipton hot tea.

Comment

BREAKFAST

I make a smoothie every morning. Strawberries, banana, skim milk & vanilla egg white powder. Sometimes I add blueberries in if I have them. It's delicious.

Comment

I used to be a bagel w/cream cheese + coffee everyday dude, but if I have time, I'll destroy some waffles, croque madames, grits, or oatmeal. Breakfast rules.

Comment

For unhealthy breakfast, I think my favorite dish is Biscuits and Gravy with Hashbrown and scrambled eggs

I AM HUNGRY

Comment

I take a lasagna pan, pour in a carton of egg whites, chopped spinach, bits of ham and bake it until it's fluffy. After it's cooled in the fridge, I take high fiber soft tortilla shells and put the spongy egg/ham/spinach mixture inside, along with one slice of swiss cheese.

Individually wrap each one and I've got a week's worth of breakfast ready to microwave each morning. Very filling and reasonably healthy. And damned tasty. And cheap. Total cost is about six bucks.

I stole the idea from the Dunkin Donuts new product line.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=3371.msg38524#msg38524 date=1296061634]
                    I take a lasagna pan, pour in a carton of egg whites, chopped spinach, bits of ham and bake it until it's fluffy. After it's cooled in the fridge, I take high fiber soft tortilla shells and put the spongy egg/ham/spinach mixture inside, along with one slice of swiss cheese.

Individually wrap each one and I've got a week's worth of breakfast ready to microwave each morning. Very filling and reasonably healthy. And damned tasty. And cheap. Total cost is about six bucks.

I stole the idea from the Dunkin Donuts new product line.
                    [/quote]

:wow: Thanks for the idea. What temp do you bake it at?

Comment

When I don't know the temperature to bake it at, my default is 350. As it continues to bake a little bit after removal from the oven, I take it out while it's still a bit liquid on top. I think I baked it for about 10-12 minutes.

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3371.msg38503#msg38503 date=1296053790]
                        Do you eat it?

[/quote]

That looks like vomit. Pop Tarts and/or doughnuts are the breakfast of champions.

Comment

Looks like vomit, tastes like APPLES AND LOLLI-POPPIN' CINNAMON

Comment

I made pancakes, sausage, and hashbrowns last night for dinner. Breakfast for supper is awesome.

As for breakfast as breakfast, I get up too late to do anything. At most its a granola bar for breakfast or skip it at all. Perhaps I will have a bagel at morning break.

This morning I had blueberry yogurt and granola with a coffee at about 10:00.

Comment

Lately it's been just fruit like a banana or an apple. I used to grab whatever was portable, but we're trying to watch what we eat a little more closely. I usually don't have time to fix anything, and if I do it's usually a bowl of corn flakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X