7.5% Kick To The Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.5% Kick To The Nuts

Ugh - Salary cuts for us staties. I know others doing worse or don't have jobs, but this still sucks.

Re: 7.5% Kick To The Nuts

Gov. Brownbeck congatulations are in order.

It would also fall $16.7 million short of federal requirements for special education funding. Educators said that could mean the loss of an additional $70 million in federal funds. Brownback's policy director Landon Fulmer said it wasn't certain if there would be a penalty, although he said Kansas has already been penalized $2 million by the federal government for falling short on special education funding.

Dumbass.

Comment

How about we slash pay and benefits for the blood and cock suckers in Topeka first. No Pay for Legislators, Governor or Lt. Gov until debt is cleared, then 50% until pre crisis funding levels are restored WITHOUT debt incursion. Why should C lose money and why should I lose my tuition assistance when the dicksuckers in Government are to blame for the problem?

Comment

[quote author=Geezer link=topic=3364.msg38376#msg38376 date=1295986896]
        Gov. Brownbeck congatulations are in order.

It would also fall $16.7 million short of federal requirements for special education funding. Educators said that could mean the loss of an additional $70 million in federal funds. Brownback's policy director Landon Fulmer said it wasn't certain if there would be a penalty, although he said Kansas has already been penalized $2 million by the federal government for falling short on special education funding.

Dumbass.
        [/quote]

I would say dumbass federal policy.

Comment

Brownback actually wanted fewer cuts than what this bill is advocating for. Apparently this is being rammed through by, guess who, the dumbass Tea Party faction of the Republican Party. If this passes, I'm going to be pissed out of my fucking mind. I'm only making $12,000 a year as it is, and this would take about 900 away from me. I know multiple members in my department who are already on food stamps. This is bullshit.

Comment

42 - First off buddy, I feel bad for you that this might happen. Also, that your friend is on food stamps while working a state job is sad. However, most states including Kansas need to address and fix their budget crises. They have to do it. I think all new state and federal government employees should be required to go to Dave Ramsey. <<dave>>"You make 23,000 dollars a year sir, why are you buying a 45,000 dollar truck?" <<end dave>> States have over spent and refused to look at budgets realistically for too long.

I am sure that people in your line of work are working hard for their salaries.....Honestly I believe you.

Here is a story to the contrary ....

3 years ago I sold medical devices to a state run neurological clinic. These are people have been abandoned by families and left to be wards of the state. Usually people with terrible, terrible conditions.

Part of my job was putting together the equipment after I sold it to them. I had 50 units to put together at an average of 10 minutes per unit. I sat in receiving with 4 state employees. These guys jobs were to deliver supplies around the campus when needed and be there when shipments came into receiving.

These jackasses sat there for 4 days watching movies, all day. The would pause for 4 minutes to get up sign for shipments. They would all sit back down and watch movie. I was in this facility for 2 weeks. I witnessed these 4 do a total of 45 minutes of actual work over that 2 week period.

They sat there watching me assemble equipment. Watching the move "300" on endless loop. Never asking to hlep or assist in any way. They watched a movie.

I became friends with the administrator and asked about these 4 gents. The answer was that they had worked at the facility for more than 10 years so they were "unfireable" I said what, "They can not be fired." He was dead on serious. Government waste and spending is out of control. That is the purpose of tea partiers. You can hate them all you want. Their message is correct.

Comment

[quote author=IAm42'sRagingBileDuct link=topic=3364.msg38385#msg38385 date=1295990123]
              Brownback actually wanted fewer cuts than what this bill is advocating for. Apparently this is being rammed through by, guess who, the dumbass Tea Party faction of the Republican Party. If this passes, I'm going to be pissed out of my fucking mind. I'm only making $12,000 a year as it is, and this would take about 900 away from me. I know multiple members in my department who are already on food stamps. This is bullshit.
              [/quote]

do you only work part time?

Comment

The 7.5% is basically a tax on those working for the state. In small towns were educators and other workers rely on these salaries, it would be a killer. Spending would likely go down and that would impact local sales taxes. It just seems like a backward way to make ends meet. I can do the whole more with less bit, but hitting me in my pocket book just seems like the wrong way to make cuts.

Comment

Comment

[quote author=TacoHut link=topic=3364.msg38400#msg38400 date=1295991414]
                    [quote author=IAm42'sRagingBileDuct link=topic=3364.msg38385#msg38385 date=1295990123]
                    [/quote]

do you only work part time?
                    [/quote]

I'm full-time.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3364.msg38397#msg38397 date=1295991280]
                      42 - First off buddy, I feel bad for you that this might happen. Also, that your friend is on food stamps while working a state job is sad. However, most states including Kansas need to address and fix their budget crises. They have to do it. I think all new state and federal government employees should be required to go to Dave Ramsey. <<dave>>"You make 23,000 dollars a year sir, why are you buying a 45,000 dollar truck?" <<end dave>> States have over spent and refused to look at budgets realistically for too long.

I am sure that people in your line of work are working hard for their salaries.....Honestly I believe you.

Here is a story to the contrary ....

3 years ago I sold medical devices to a state run neurological clinic. These are people have been abandoned by families and left to be wards of the state. Usually people with terrible, terrible conditions.

Part of my job was putting together the equipment after I sold it to them. I had 50 units to put together at an average of 10 minutes per unit. I sat in receiving with 4 state employees. These guys jobs were to deliver supplies around the campus when needed and be there when shipments came into receiving.

These jackasses sat there for 4 days watching movies, all day. The would pause for 4 minutes to get up sign for shipments. They would all sit back down and watch movie. I was in this facility for 2 weeks. I witnessed these 4 do a total of 45 minutes of actual work over that 2 week period.

They sat there watching me assemble equipment. Watching the move "300" on endless loop. Never asking to hlep or assist in any way. They watched a movie.

I became friends with the administrator and asked about these 4 gents. The answer was that they had worked at the facility for more than 10 years so they were "unfireable" I said what, "They can not be fired." He was dead on serious. Government waste and spending is out of control. That is the purpose of tea partiers. You can hate them all you want. Their message is correct.
                      [/quote]

I understand that there's waste and too much spending. But a 7.5% cut across the board is really going to hurt a lot of people who can't afford to give up any more. That's why I think that it's such a stupid idea. Sit down and do the work to actually figure out what's being wasted instead of just hurting the people who are actually getting stuff done.

Comment

Fair enough. I agree 42.

Comment

To those that want to govern by soundbyte, that wasn't a good one.
                          Next time try carrying a gun.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3364.msg38427#msg38427 date=1295996915]
                            Fair enough. I agree 42.
                            [/quote]

Sweet, we can still be BBS buddies <3

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that 42.

US Fed govt folks are in the same boat, though certainly not as bad.

Being scapegoate FTL.

Comment

Working...
                              X