Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women RE: Birthdays

Why do they love them so much?

The concept of "birthday week" is lost on me...I get that it's a day that's all about them, but it just seems a little attention whore-y at some point

Does this end at a certain age?

Re: Women RE: Birthdays

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3344.msg38171#msg38171 date=1295886754]
    I get that it's a day that's all about them, but it just seems a little attention whore-y at some point

Does this end at a certain age?
    [/quote]

You answered your own question. But yes, it ends to a degree. Eventually, women stop wanting to be reminded of their age so birthdays are much more incognito. You better not fucking treat it that way though.

Comment

Birthday week is so fucking dumb and childish.

They also buy one another gifts and want to schedule bday dinners for 18+. I have never bought nor received a bday gift from a bro outside of a miller high life or Evan Williams shot

Comment

It's inversely proportional to the length and floppiness of their labia.

Comment

You're all bitches.

My birthday week was glorious. My party was glorious.
          Last week was my dad's birthday week. Went to a nice dinner as a family on Wednesday and then had a big dinner party on Saturday for him with a lot of my parents friends.
          Mom's birthday will be different this year as my dad has board meetings/board dinners the week of her birthday and is in New York the week after her birthday. I think she's leaving town for most of February because of it/for her birthday.

Once February 16th passes my family is done with birthdays for the year though.

Comment

women lol amirite

Comment

[quote author=UB link=topic=3344.msg38180#msg38180 date=1295891162]

Once February 16th passes my family is done with birthdays for the year though.
              [/quote]

Both sides of your family suffer from extreme Spring Fever?

Hey, what are you up to in late April-early May?

Comment

Birthday WEEK?!?! Seriously?! How come nobody ever told me about this?????

Comment

I thought attention whoring 101 was a requirement for all 18yo girls, S&B

did you skip that class?

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3344.msg38217#msg38217 date=1295899776]

did you skip that class?
                    [/quote]

Obviously not. I seek out message boards where the men to women ratio is 100:1. I think I have this attention whoring thing figured out, amirite?

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=3344.msg38222#msg38222 date=1295900254]
                      [quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3344.msg38217#msg38217 date=1295899776]

did you skip that class?
                      [/quote]

Obviously not. I seek out message boards where the men to women ratio is 100:1. I think I have this attention whoring thing figured out, amirite?
                      [/quote]

That's a relatively small sub-set of attention whoring.
                      I will say that you have it down to an artform.

Comment

FAIR

but I didn't realize this was a common thing among, girls...I only started noticing it when the wife of a friend of mine actually celebrated her birthday for a week, now it seems like every girl wants people to celebrate their birthday for a week

I don't even have my birthday listed on FB...I don't need Sally from seventh grade coming out of the woodwork to tell me happy birthday...hell, I forgot about my birthday last year until my mom called me to wish me a happy birthday

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3344.msg38224#msg38224 date=1295900963]
                          FAIR

but I didn't realize this was a common thing among, girls...I only started noticing it when the wife of a friend of mine actually celebrated her birthday for a week, now it seems like every girl wants people to celebrate their birthday for a week

I don't even have my birthday listed on FB...I don't need Sally from seventh grade coming out of the woodwork to tell me happy birthday...hell, I forgot about my birthday last year until my mom called me to wish me a happy birthday
                          [/quote]

Agreed, but not to that extreme. I usually like to plan something around my birthday (bars, Royals game, etc.), if only so that I can hang out with my friends and get free shots, beers, and a ride home on that night.

Comment

Well, yeah, I hang with friends and family, but the people I want to hang out with, know my birthday, so it usually works out well

Also, I don't expect my friends to make plans...I treat others the way that I want to be treated...sure if they suggest we do something, I'm down, but I expect that if I want to do something I better put it together, because guys don't generally plan parties unless it's for a SO or the superbowl

Comment

I get a few hours. I don't get gifts, but my friends usually do buy me a few beers. Its almost a non-event for me.

If you require an entire week of attention on your birthday, you are teh suckz.

Comment

Working...
                              X