Dear Good Samaritans - You suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Good Samaritans - You suck!

We had an interesting vistor a few minutes ago. It was the son of the woman that took out our fence.

Apparently around 11:00 this morning an 88 year old woman lost control of her car, jumped the curb, somehow managed to get through the foot high snow that the plows put up, and slid all the way past the sidewalk and took out the fence in my backyard. I was not home, and neither my wife nor my son heard anything. This woman apparently uses a walker, and a number of "good samaritans" stopped and pushed her back onto the road. This couldn't have been an easy task, as she was a good ways off the road.

Would it have killed just one of the "good samaritans" to knock on our door and let us know that our FUCKING FENCE HAD JUST BEEN TAKEN OUT? Apparently nobody thought of that. Also, apparently nobody thought to get the license number of this lady, as it was obvious that she was leaving and OUR FUCKING FENCE HAD JUST BEEN TAKEN OUT!

Seriously. Our fence is pushed a good ten feet into our backyard. The son said that she probably wouldn't have told him about it, but she had to explain the damage to the front end of her car. She had to be going pretty damn fast to do the damage that she did.

The son was extremely nice, and I do appreciate him coming by. Hell, we didn't know about the accident, as neither my wife nor my son heard anything, and we hadn't looked out in our backyard. I'm just at a loss to understand how these nice people that helped her out didn't seem to realize that MY FUCKING FENCE HAD JUST BEEN TAKEN OUT, and maybe, just maybe, in addition to helping this poor lady in a walker they should kinda sorta let us know what happened.

Rant over.

Re: Dear Good Samaritans - You suck!

Good Lord, man, it's a fuckin' fence. I'm sure your homeowner's insurance will cover it.

Just be happy that she didn't die on your property and her family didn't try to sue you for some kind of bullshit liability.

Comment

Suburban life sounds fanfuckingtastic. You sound like a giant chode.

Comment

Naw, I got her insurance number and her insurance will take care of it. I'm just at a loss to understand why all these nice people decided to help her out, and nobody thought to let us know.

Comment

chode is among my favorite words evar

Comment

[quote author=beakumhawks link=topic=3318.msg37984#msg37984 date=1295749657]
            Naw, I got her insurance number and her insurance will take care of it. I'm just at a loss to understand why all these nice people decided to help her out, and nobody thought to let us know.
            [/quote]

Sounds like they just didn't wanna get involved. I'd probably do the same thing. I'd help the person get back on the road, but I'd assume they'd take care of contacting the people who own the fence.

Or maybe they just like her better than you.

Comment

if there were several samaritans at the scene, they probably assumed that someone in the group was the homeowner. I can't remember the name of the social phenomenon, but individuals within a group are less likely to step up, because they assume that responsibility is shared by the group.

or they were like thank god someone tore down that shitty chain link fence.

Comment

At least she didn't die on your land. You'd be stuck with an old lady ghost haunting you forever.

Comment

What the fuck is a chode?

Comment

[quote author=beakumhawks link=topic=3318.msg38084#msg38084 date=1295804918]
                    [/quote]

The answer lies within your mirror...

Comment

[quote author=beakumhawks link=topic=3318.msg38084#msg38084 date=1295804918]
                      [/quote]

A stubby penis. fat but not long.

Comment

I thought it was another name for the taint as well

Comment

Well I thought it was a sandwich made popular in East Philadelphia in the early 1900's.

Comment

ewwww. Philadelphia

Comment

Working...
                            X