Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got served today

"GREETINGS:
    You have been sued. You may employ an attorney. If you or your attorney do not file a written answer with the clerk who issued this citation by 10 o'clock a.m. of the Monday next following the expiration of twenty days after you were served this citation and petition, a default judgement may be taken aginst you."

What a great day.

Re: I got served today

for?

[quote author=JHAWKjason link=topic=3273.msg37350#msg37350 date=1295474761]
    "GREETINGS:
    You have been sued. You may employ an attorney. If you or your attorney do not file a written answer with the clerk who issued this citation by 10 o'clock a.m. of the Monday next following the expiration of twenty days after you were served this citation and petition, a default judgement may be taken aginst you."

What a great day.
    [/quote]

Comment

damn dude...sorry to hear

did seth rogen serve you? I'd punch him in the face

Comment

"GREETINGS:

What a great day.
        [/quote]

is it the guy who you were gonna fire who then you thought was committing insurance fraud?

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=3273.msg37362#msg37362 date=1295475516]
          "GREETINGS:

What a great day.
          [/quote]

is it the guy who you were gonna fire who then you thought was committing insurance fraud?
          [/quote]

No, he's still out on leave.

Comment

[quote author=sweaterbydarwin link=topic=3273.msg37352#msg37352 date=1295474836]
            for?

"GREETINGS:

What a great day.
            [/quote]
            [/quote]

Details coming, I am downloading some OCR software so I can scan this and post selected portions.

Comment

Minority partner in a business that I was closing is suing to put the business in receivership:

"Throughout the course of negotiations, * was given the opportunity to review, evaluate and inspect the operating assets of *. * was also given the opportunity to review books, records and accounting information of * which included, but was not limited to, financial records, records of debts and liabilities owed and evidence of taxes allegedly owed to the Internal Revenue Service by *.

Ultimately, * and * were successful in negotiating the sale of the assets of *."

"On or about November 11, 2010, * received notice of a telephonic meeting of the members and managers of *. When * called in to the meeting [...] it was represented to * that these individuals were the members and managers of * which owns a 75% interest in *. * was informed, without any discussion, comment, vote or opportunity to express any approval or objection, that * was not able to meet its future ongoing liabilities and that, therefore it was in the best interest of the entity to liquidate the Business. * was informed that * would begin taking immediate steps to liquidate the assets of *.

Upon learning of the imposed liquidation, * has attempted to enter into negotiations to preserve the value of the assets and ensure an orderly liquidation. Efforts and requests of * to participate have been refused by *, *, and *."

It's a request for receivership at this time, but it's such a pain in the ass. I know minority partners always feel like they got screwed but this was all done for real business reasons and the company just wasn't financially solvent. Now we're going to have to spend a ton of money in court defending a lawsuit that the minority partner brought on.... when we could have just liquidated the company and distributed the assets. There's going to be nothing left to split after this is done. Idiot.

Comment

[img width=600 height=420]http://captionsearch.com/pix/ukjax5qf2m.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X