JHAWKjason or Evolve - Droid Bionic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHAWKjason or Evolve - Droid Bionic

I am due for an upgrade soon on my original droid which I like, but is a bit clunky and is running slow as I have added pics, books, etc.

Do you know when Bionic will be released? Will that be a better option than Droid X or Droid 2?

Thanks in advance!

Re: JHAWKjason or Jz - Droid Bionic

you talking about penile implants?

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3261.msg37199#msg37199 date=1295409571]
      I am due for an upgrade soon on my original droid which I like, but is a bit clunky and is running slow as I have added pics, books, etc.

Do you know when Bionic will be released? Will that be a better option than Droid X or Droid 2?

Thanks in advance!
      [/quote]

Bionic will be the best phone on any carrier for a while (only thing close is Moto's tegra offering on AT&T, but that's on AT&T)

Comment

No...everybody knows the Three Piece (Multi-component) Inflatable Penile Implant is the best penile implant.

Three Piece (Multi-component) Inflatable Penile Implant

Comment

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=3261.msg37202#msg37202 date=1295409981]

Thanks in advance!
          [/quote]

Bionic will be the best phone on any carrier for a while (only thing close is Moto's tegra offering on AT&T, but that's on AT&T)
          [/quote]

Sorry I typed Jz, but meant evolve. Thanks for the insight. Any idea when it will be released?

Comment

Re: JHAWKjason or Evolve - Droid Bionic

probably May/June ish (end Q2)

If you're looking to upgrade sooner, the Droid Thunderbolt will be out end of Feb probably.

I'd actually almost prefer the Thunderbolt because of Sense, but I'm a sense and HTC fan.

Comment

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/14...release-dates/

Comment

This on VZW?

Do NOT get a new phone that does not support LTE. It will be lit up in at least 140 cities in 2011. VZW is seriously building backhaul from their towers. They're laying fiber to the tower and lighting up 50mb links to start with the ability to go up to 1 gig at each tower in their LTE areas.

This means plenty of backhaul but once lte use hits peak you'll be lucky to get @3mb for each connection.

Comment

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=3261.msg37209#msg37209 date=1295411223]
                  This on VZW?

Do NOT get a new phone that does not support LTE. It will be lit up in at least 140 cities in 2011. VZW is seriously building backhaul from their towers. They're laying fiber to the tower and lighting up 50mb links to start with the ability to go up to 1 gig at each tower in their LTE areas.

This means plenty of backhaul but once lte use hits peak you'll be lucky to get @3mb for each connection.
                  [/quote]

yeah, at very least, wait for the Thunderbolt

I'd suggest holding off until Bionic.....if you have the old school droid, you can get some serious life out of it further by rooting it and playing around with cyanogenmod 7 (Gingerbread)

Comment

Definitely wait off until Bionic, unless you can switch to AT&T for the Atrix, which is just sick.

Comment

[quote author=JHAWKjason link=topic=3261.msg37239#msg37239 date=1295453225]
                      Definitely wait off until Bionic, unless you can switch to AT&T for the Atrix, which is just sick.
                      [/quote]

yeah, but

it's on AT&T

they're going to probably disable sideloading of apps right out of the gate, along with other stupid ass decisions that will undoubtedly cripple the Atrix in practice

Comment

someone tell me about the new motorolas.

Comment

[quote author=sweaterbydarwin link=topic=3261.msg37247#msg37247 date=1295455685]
                          someone tell me about the new motorolas.
                          [/quote]

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...nds-on_id15776

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...nds-on_id15756

Comment

Thanks in advance!
                            [/quote]

[/quote]

I know you don't think it's better than the Atrix for real, right? It may be AT&T, but the Atrix is definitely better than the Bionic. The thing is a beast, and while the Bionic as well, the Atrix is approaching a freaking computer at this point

Comment

[quote author=babyjaysnuts link=topic=3261.msg37998#msg37998 date=1295756015]

Thanks in advance!
                              [/quote]

[/quote]

I know you don't think it's better than the Atrix for real, right? It may be AT&T, but the Atrix is definitely better than the Bionic. The thing is a beast, and while the Bionic as well, the Atrix is approaching a freaking computer at this point
                              [/quote]

Spec wise, there isn't much difference between the two....Bionic is Verizon and LTE

that alone makes it way better than AT&T's offering

it also looks like it has a modified blur launcher, which is much sharper/better looking than the ugly ass normal one

Comment

Working...
                              X