Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, our receptionist/admin. lady just quit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, our receptionist/admin. lady just quit.

On her way out today, she walked into my office with her gear, handed me her key and said she's done. No two weeks or nothing. We're pretty swamped here right now so it's a pretty shitty time to roll out. And she waited until everyone else was gone so she could take the easy way out and lay it on me too.

I know she had complained in the past, I guess, that she didn't feel challenged but honestly, it took me by complete surprise. So, whatever "hey, let's talk this thing through" reaction she probably expected was instead met with "are you serious?" and a "well, bye" type reaction.

I knew she wasn't totally happy as working here is not for everyone. You're completely autonomous and at the mercy of clients. So, it can be chaotic and it's not a full time job but we paid full time + health insurance. Perfect situation for most people. Anyway, just wanted to vent. And it's amazing how your opinion of someone can change so fast. What happened to professionalism?

Re: So, our receptionist/admin. lady just quit.

well, in my experiences, admins have some sort of god complex where they're the glue that holds the company together

and it's kind of a viscous cycle, because people are constantly trying to make them feel important so they get stuff done for them and then they develop some ego and it goes on and on

that said, I worked for three years under a crazy admin, so I may be biased

Comment

I fucking hate admins.

Comment

yeah, she was actually a great worker (better than me certainly). But she went from running her own business and thinking she ran the show at another to a place where nobody gives a shit about that. She wasn't challenged so we gave her more work. I can only assume that it was now too challenging; or boring. A ton of the shit we do is brainless data entry and chaotic administration for clients.

Anyway, she wasn't here long (not even a year I don't think) but I thought we had a better relationship than her just up and quitting on a fucking Tuesday. Just pisses me off.

Also to add, we pretty much operate with a blank check if you think you can implement something that will help or need something in that regard. Honestly, it's the perfect job for a lot of people. Good pay, benefits, very little stress for that position. You have to be able to deal with boring tasks at times but come on.

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3258.msg37176#msg37176 date=1295404587]
        well, in my experiences, admins have some sort of god complex where they're the glue that holds the company together

and it's kind of a viscous cycle, because people are constantly trying to make them feel important so they get stuff done for them and then they develop some ego and it goes on and on

that said, I worked for three years under a crazy admin, so I may be biased
        [/quote]

Comment

[quote author=ZarkoCabarkapa link=topic=3258.msg37178#msg37178 date=1295405060]
          I fucking hate admins.
          [/quote]

Deb Deering

bells ringing?

she was nice to me, but crazy as hell

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3258.msg37180#msg37180 date=1295405228]
            [quote author=ZarkoCabarkapa link=topic=3258.msg37178#msg37178 date=1295405060]
            I fucking hate admins.
            [/quote]

Deb Deering

bells ringing?

she was nice to me, but crazy as hell
            [/quote]

Haha, yeah I remember her. Never had the pleasure of working closely with her.

We've had pretty ridiculous turnover at my job recently. This busy season is going to SUCK.

Comment

and it's just a fucking awful time for me. We have a huge deadline coming up on the 31st and now I get to figure out what has or hasn't been done. :cry:

Comment

Working...
              X