X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to those that have ever.....

felt the need to "take a break" from a message board

why?

Re: Question to those that have ever.....

TomLight told me I had to.

For good.

Comment

Tom Light told me I "needed a break" I didn't listen. I took my $99/year to the slant; where I was blacklisted. Now I am here. For free. 'grats to all you suckers!!!

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3180.msg36214#msg36214 date=1294954411]
        Tom Light told me I "needed a break" I didn't listen. I took my $99/year to the slant; where I was blacklisted. Now I am here. For free. 'grats to all you suckers!!!
        [/quote]

:gun:

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=3180.msg36210#msg36210 date=1294954005]
          felt the need to "take a break" from a message board

why?
          [/quote]

I'm thinking this upcoming semester might be a good time to "take a break". Damn school getting in the way of my BBSing.

Comment

I haven't actually ever taken a break, but I've considered it. It really can be a huge time sink, if you let it be. Luckily, I have time to waste, I guess.

Comment

I tend to think most people are generally good, so when they act like assholes for no other reason than to insult someone and make themselves look more important (on a frickin message board) I tend to want to take a break. I eventually get over it and go back because I like getting to know the other people a little better, learn some things and enjoy rational discourse.

Comment

I never go to Fark anymore, canceled my totalfark last year. The place just grew stale, mgmt started making too many changes and they started strong arming all the fun.

Pretty much same scenario with TOS. But I'll add I didn't have any real issues there....until I got used to here and the total anarchy we enjoy here.

It's so, boring, to try and post somewhere that you can't say 'piss off asshole' in your posts (or whatever, you get the jest).

I like the open "hanging out at the bar" atmosphere here. You don't get that other places.

Comment

I took a break from the Phog for a few months in early 2007 because I was away from Kansas and didn't get a job that would allow me to come back. I didn't like all the reminders of home in the Ape Room.

The next one was when TomLight didn't like seeing boys kissing on his site.

Here, I'll go a few days without getting on due to work, family, or just not around. I go in streaks with this site.

Comment

Working...
                  X