Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What got you started as a KU Message Boarder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What got you started as a KU Message Boarder?

I am curious to know what brought all of you to the interwebs to get KU news. Was it a specific story, event, or just curiosity? Do tell....

Re: What got you started as a KU Message Boarder?

Malik Hairston recruitment got me hooked, that slimy bastard...

Comment

2002 Final Four

Comment

I started reading phag.net more after you guys won it in 2008. Went over there one night just to get a gauge and some 4,000 some odd posts later I got the banhammer on that fateful day, July 27, 2010. Here I am.

Comment

Freshman year Fall 2006.

My roommate was on the Phog for the photoshop threads all the time and I'd get interested and check them out. That lead to all the other sports boards where I began regular posting.

Comment

Wife actually used to post on the boards for awhile, then they made it required that you register to read the hoops board during the 2003 final four run, so I registered, lurked for a year or so, then started posting way too much.

Comment

WrightandWrong is a friend. He told me about Phog and the rest is history.

Comment

The sex. And the drugs.

Comment

might have when roy williams bolted. I found it to be a great outlet for my rage.

Comment

A friend of mine told me about this thread and it's been downhill from there.

http://boards.kusports.com/showflat....;page=0#178916

Comment

Padgett recruitment. I quickly got into an argument with Steel about the intersection of race and class.

Comment

The bikini thread when it was in its first 10 pages.

Comment

boredom right after I moved to Tampa.

Comment

Started on the Phog right after we lost to Syracuse because I was interested in the Roy to NC rumors. I lurked there off and on for a long time (did register Jayhawk84 there but I have no clue what the password is), then signed up to post after we lost to UCLA.

Comment

I remember talking smack on the Tigerboard in high school. That was before you actually had to register and you could post under just about any name you wanted.

A long lost username ago, I was a poster on KUSports.com, about 1997 when I was a freshman at KU. About 1999 I started to get disliked because I said some negative things about Roy and people started calling me a Missouri fan, LOL. In 2000 I went so far as to tell my dad that I wanted Roy fired for getting us an 8 seed. In 2001 I was so pissed about Mojo the Monkey. Then Roy went to 2 final fours in a row. I guess I was about 5 years too early for the Roy hate. I quit posting regularly for a while. I would visit sporadically. In mid 2000s, CStop told me about the Phog, I finally registered there during the epic 2007 football season. Posted until this place came along.

Comment

Working...
                              X