WtW SHEEP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WtW SHEEP

INTRO: Welcome to the first annual WavingtheWheat.com Friday Sheep Tournament! This idea is 100% ripped off of the suque, Maryland's off-topic board. Thanks to UMTerp for the scoring sheet and giving me the rules. I will NOT be handling scoring. I need one of you college kids to do this... if you know any Excel, PM me and I'll walk you through it.

SCHEDULE: This season will run from January 21st - April 29th. We will have a one week pre-season with normal scoring so you can get a feel of how the game scores and works. There will be twelve regular season games and a bonus round prior to the playoffs. Each round will consist of twelve questions that will be sometime Wednesday night and the answers are due at 2p.m. Central Time. I'm leaving a large window for answering in order to maximize participation. We will be having bye weeks for the National Holiday that is March Madness - those will occur on March 18, 25 and April 1st.

SCORING PER GAME: You get a point for each person (including you) that responds to the question the same way you do. For example, let's say the question is "British soccer player not named Beckham" and you and eleven other people answered Rooney you would get 12 points for that answer. If you answered Pele, Soccer Sucks, or Ronaldo, you're an idiot. The idea is to answer a question as you think most of the other people will answer. So if the question is, "What college basketball team do you root for?", the (most probable) correct answer on WtW would be "Kansas." I would count these answers as the same: KU, University of Kansas, Kansas, Jayhawks and others as well as any misspellings. You don't have to be literate to play this game.

PLAYING: To play, all you have to do is send me a PM with your answers before 2p.m. Central time on the day they are due. You HAVE to send your answers in without numbers before them, so your PM should just be answers sepearted by line breaks, like this:
    ANSWEWR 1
    ANSWER 2
    PELE
    KANSAS
    I hope that is clear.

SCORING FOR THE SEASON: To be eligible, you have to play a minimum of 50% of your games. That's six games, people... not a lot. If you play 8-10 games, you get to drop your lowest score. If you play 12 games, you drop your lowest two scores. Season ranking will go by weekly percentile averages out. So if the first week you win, you will be in the 99.xx%. If you end up dead last the next week, you'll probably be in the 0.xx%. That would put you in the middle of the pack for rankings. Get it?

Pre-season:
    Jan 14

Regular Season:
    Jan 21
    Jan 28
    Feb 4
    Feb 11
    Feb 18
    Feb 25
    Mar 4
    Mar 11
    3 BYE WEEKS - ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
    Apr 8
    Apr 15
    Apr 22
    Apr 29

END OF REGULAR SEASON

BONUS week 5/6; automatic entry for winning this week

Playoffs start 5/13, top 15 + bonus winner
    May 13
    May 20
    May 27

The winner gets the official Friday Sheep Cup and a box of Jason's carp!

If you want to join the tournament, respond to this thread saying so. This game will be limited to the first 100 participants.

Re: WtW SHEEP

Joe Norris

in it to lose it

Comment

filmfanatic24

LIKE A BOSS

Comment

ICThawk

Comment

ono

IN

Comment

31 views and 4 signups? WtW fail.

Comment

The rookie is IN.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=3097.msg35118#msg35118 date=1294438152]
                31 views and 4 signups? WtW fail.

[/quote]

I'll just keep refreshing the page to make it look worse

Comment

Only 100 participants?! Well, shit, I'm interrupting my post-date coitus to sign up!!! I don't want to miss the sign-up rush.

IN.

(and just kidding about the coitus. We went grocery shopping instead).

Comment

I am in.

Comment

why don't I get any post date coitus

the balls are still blue

Comment

I'm in.

Also, thanks for the rules. TOS is a bunch of dicks about it.

Comment

[quote author=chemhawk link=topic=3097.msg35131#msg35131 date=1294440920]

TOS is a bunch of dicks. P E R E U D
                          [/quote]

FYP

but all you bitches are welcome here

Comment

[quote author=chemhawk link=topic=3097.msg35131#msg35131 date=1294440920]
                            I'm in.

Also, thanks for the rules. TOS is a bunch of dicks about it.
                            [/quote]
                            \
                            Just you wait, we'll be dicks about it over here to.

I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so scared.

Comment

1) Are reveals going to be at 2pm on Fridays?

2) I love that we have "holidays" for the three weeks of the tourney but we carry on as scheduled on Easter. It's only the day the savior of the world was nailed to the cross to die for our sins. (just baiting Hoop with this)

Comment

Working...
                              X