Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a pic/video of our Chancellor for the first time tonight

during the game

and I know now why Wave hates her so much...

#blackwomanomgwtfisgoingoninthisworld

Re: Saw a pic/video of our Chancellor for the first time tonight

I like my women like I like my coffee: strong, black and bitter.

I'd hit it.

Comment

while it may be a race thing for wtw, doubtful, but possible

for me, it's a KU athletics thing...I don't like anyone that messes with them

I certainly agree that academics should be a priority, but the way it appears that she fumbled the bubba hire makes me angry...and that's the first I've had a problem with her...perhaps that wasn't her fault and I'm in the wrong, but to automatically play the race card annoys me

and, in the interest of full disclosure, this is just a carryover from some of the bs I read on aidz.net

Comment

Gotta say, she looked to have a nice rack...

Comment

She and her husband refuse to put hand on heart during national anthem at AFH. I took a pic, but it was on my old phone. I will get it next time. Its striking because of the 50 people in my shot....they were the only two. Plus I met her and the one comment she made was immediately about North Carolina. Somebody in crowd joking and playfully asks her whether she would have fun trading all her Carolina Blue for KU blue. She retorts in a old bitchy way, "why would I do that? I will always be a tarheel."

Go fuck yourself BGL.

Comment

If the bitch wants to be all about academics...fine. But then STAY THE FUCK OUT OF ATHLETICS. Stop f'ing everything up. And she isn't doing much of anything on the academics side either. Who ever though it was a good idea to give any rights to teh wimmenz?

Comment

The hand over heart thing is the dumbest critique I've seen yet. She doesn't comport to your sense of patriotism thus she is a bad person, chancellor?

Comment

[quote author=vorsk link=topic=3015.msg34278#msg34278 date=1294069759]
                The hand over heart thing is the dumbest critique I've seen yet. She doesn't comport to your sense of patriotism thus she is a bad person, chancellor?
                [/quote]It speaks to the type person she is. Its a small thing, but certainly bothers me. Putting your hand on your heart is a sign of respect. She hasn't shown me she deserves any.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3015.msg34279#msg34279 date=1294070109]
                  [quote author=vorsk link=topic=3015.msg34278#msg34278 date=1294069759]
                  [/quote]It speaks to the type person she is. Its a small thing, but certainly bothers me. Putting your hand on your heart is a sign of respect. She hasn't shown me she deserves any.
                  [/quote]

It could be a regional thing. I never was brought up to put hand over heart-- that mannerism is reserved for the pledge of allegiance in my mind (unless you're wearing a hat). Hands folded in somber reflection (like at a funeral) is what I learned.

Comment

Whoever gave you that instruction was wrong.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

The laws relating to the flag of the United States of America are found in detail in the United States Code. Title 4, Chapter 1 pertains to the flag; Title 18, Chapter 33, Section 700 regards criminal penalties for flag desecration; Title 36, Chapter 3 pertains to patriotic customs and observances. These laws were supplemented by Executive Orders and Presidential Proclamations.

----

United States Code Title 36
                    §301. National anthem

1. Designation. — The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
                    2. Conduct During Playing — During rendition of the national anthem —
                    1. when the flag is displayed —
                    1. individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
                    2. members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
                    3. all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
                    2. when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3015.msg34274#msg34274 date=1294068423]
                      She and her husband refuse to put hand on heart during national anthem at AFH. [/quote]

She refused to put her hand on her heart? As in, you asked her to and she told you no? Like Randy, I don't do it either. I put my hand over my heart for the pledge of allegiance but not the national anthem. I clasp my hands and sing along if I feel like it. And I certainly have a lot of respect for my country.

Comment

SEE UNITED STATES CODE ABOVE.....

F'n flag haters.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3015.msg34291#msg34291 date=1294075399]
                          F'n flag haters.
                          [/quote]

Comment

I was surprised to learn that the U.S. Flag Code is, in fact, law.

Comment

[quote author=SnackMantis link=topic=3015.msg34294#msg34294 date=1294075558]
                              [quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3015.msg34291#msg34291 date=1294075399]
                              F'n flag haters.
                              [/quote]

[/quote]
                              I didn't know we had a "U.S. Code"

Comment

Working...
                              X