Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie thread---->SALT

Watched today...got a 61% on RT, but I just found it annoying

thought they tried to put in too many twists...just seemed like they were trying too hard

film, your thoughts? I can't remember if you did a review or not

what have you seen lately?

oh yeah, also, other guys made me laugh...just wish The Rock had a bigger part

Re: Movie thread---->SALT

I thought it was beyond retarded. I get so annoyed with some 'spy' movies.

Bond (the newer two) I'll let slide because in the movies he is a former SAS operator (in the books a former Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare guy, like Fleming was) and appears to simply get lucky at times, but seeing some bean pole like Jolie go God mode on CIA contact teams is beyond stupid.

Other Guys, on the other hand, was hilarious. "We were going to do a Chechen version of Dora the Explorer, but it went terribly wrong"

Comment

I thought that Salt was an amazingly bad piece of shit.

spoilers -- like it matters:

fucking russians? really? can't think of anything less topical than a cold war spy story. maybe "Laugh In: The Movie."

so, on that barge, all of Salt's fellow russian sleeper agents -- her contemporaries presumably scattered all over the country to infiltrate american targets. all those guys were the most stereotypical russian mob dirtbags ever. were any of them really going to get a sensitive government job showing up at the interview in Brighton Beach sweats and windbreakers?

she shows up at the white house dressed as a man and looked exactly like rachel maddow.

Comment

The only decent spy film Jolie has been in was The Good Shepard. And that was in spite of her.

Comment

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is a guilty pleasure of mine...I think she's smoking hot in that movie

Comment

[quote author=gravyshanks link=topic=3005.msg34177#msg34177 date=1293996937]
            I thought that Salt was an amazingly bad piece of shit.

spoilers -- like it matters:

fucking russians? really? can't think of anything less topical than a cold war spy story. maybe "Laugh In: The Movie."

so, on that barge, all of Salt's fellow russian sleeper agents -- her contemporaries presumably scattered all over the country to infiltrate american targets. all those guys were the most stereotypical russian mob dirtbags ever. were any of them really going to get a sensitive government job showing up at the interview in Brighton Beach sweats and windbreakers?

she shows up at the white house dressed as a man and looked exactly like rachel maddow.
            [/quote]

Except for Salt's superior, who was also a sleeper agent. :facepalm

Even better, she supposedly replaced a child of US Embassy workers. Meaning she would have been at the embassy every day to go to school, yet none of the embassy personnel managed to notice she all of a sudden looked different.

And I'm sorry but no Czech Colonel is going to have the POTUS's ear. Might as well claimed a Latvian Lt was his right hand man.

I will say that The Good Sheppard was pretty good. Thats more what I imagine espionage is more like.

Comment

Not coincidentally, Jolie's best movies are ones where she frequently gets naked.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=3005.msg34241#msg34241 date=1294031864]
                Not coincidentally, Jolie's best movies are ones where she frequently gets naked.
                [/quote]

Like this one?

EDIT: Pic fail. I'm too lazy to find another. It was Original Sin.

Comment

Working...
                X