In-Laws (or SO's parents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Laws (or SO's parents)

Interested to see what people think...my gf's mom is a bit of a control freak and I could see that creating issues down the road...her dad passed and mom just remarried, dude could be cool, but he thinks quite highly of himself

so I'm in the meh category...but I could see that go south in the future

Re: In-Laws (or SO's parents)

Where is the option for: 'I adbucted my significant other from her Salt Lake City bedroom'?

Comment

My FIL likes to drink and has a huge shop to work on cars.

MIL is, well a MIL. She's ok, I can't really fault her for much.

Comment

Overall, I like them. Wife's dad's family is a bit passive-aggressive with a side of bat-shit crazy. Her step-mom's family is great and are too kind to us. Her mom's family is very large, but overall good. Step-dad's family is very small and I don't really know them.

The biggest issue is the amount of events around holidays we have to attend. Gets to be a bit much.

Comment

Just wait til we have to vacation with my IL's in Hawaii in February.

You will all know how I feel about them by the end of that trip. They are bat-shit crazy.

Comment

I voted Meh...but with a +. Sometimes (most of the time) I love them. They do a lot of nice things for us.

Other times, they're kinda crazy...and by this I mean my Father-in-law.

My MIL is always great.

Comment

We need Milo to comment on in-laws. Currently, his MIL is poisoning him and giving him hives. (He really does have some good MIL stories).

Comment

My FIL is awesome. He's a very political-minded evangelical, writing to the opinions page every day in the KC Star, which is the polar opposite of me, but we discuss politics pretty evenly and reasonably. Likes to watch sports, fish, golf, and drink beer. Awesome dude.

I used to think my MIL was great, before we had the kid. She then became a hosebeast. It's too bad, because we used to have a great relationship.

Comment

[quote author=KingofCarrotFlowers link=topic=2981.msg33983#msg33983 date=1293805861]
                  My FIL is awesome. He's a very political-minded evangelical, writing to the opinions page every day in the KC Star, which is the polar opposite of me, but we discuss politics pretty evenly and reasonably. Likes to watch sports, fish, golf, and drink beer. Awesome dude.

I used to think my MIL was great, before we had the kid. She then became a hosebeast. It's too bad, because we used to have a great relationship.

[/quote]

Grandkids can make them go crazy.

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=2981.msg33874#msg33874 date=1293740780]
                    Just wait til we have to vacation with my IL's in Hawaii in February.

You will all know how I feel about them by the end of that trip. They are bat-shit crazy.
                    [/quote]

Screw that. My inlaws were talking about a Christmas cruise, but we threw every excuse not to make the trip at them. What's funny is they know we go on vacations with my parents and we handle it great (going to Disney again in the late Spring), but my inlaws are too much...even for my wife.

Comment

My MIL is racist, crazy, paranoid, won't fly again after 9/11 (thinks terrorists would want to hijack a plane in Lincoln, Nebraska), thinks her daughters are still in their tweens and needs to know wherever they go even though they live hours away.

FIL is the most logically illogical person I know. No common sense. Wears suit pants and a long sleeve button down shirt 7 days a week.

Comment

Working...
                      X