• Show
Clear All

• I'm the grim poster

DEATH BY GUNSHOT

Re: I'm the grim poster

Ugh. Senseless.

Comment

I'm all for home protection...but who leaves a damn loaded gun with a bunch of kids?

why was it out in the first place?

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2961.msg33647#msg33647 date=1293637680]
        I'm all for home protection...but who leaves a damn loaded gun with a bunch of kids?

[/quote]

Good question. If you have a gun in the house I don't care, but first you educate your kids about gun safety. Many accidents are prevented by basic gun safety. Next, when you have other kids in the house who may have not had the proper gun safety education, you lock it up.

This could have easily been avoided without much of an inconvenience.

Comment

[/quote]

Certainly an extreme case of carelessness on the part of the person who left the gun out. I have many loaded guns in my house, but they're all in a safe in my bedroom. Plus, my kids (even though they're only 5 and 8) know gun safety because I've taught it to them from day one. We hunt and shoot together, but they know never to touch a gun if Dad or Mom aren't around. Education is the key.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=2961.msg33667#msg33667 date=1293645551]

[/quote]

Certainly an extreme case of carelessness on the part of the person who left the gun out. I have many loaded guns in my house, but they're all in a safe in my bedroom. Plus, my kids (even though they're only 5 and 8) know gun safety because I've taught it to them from day one. We hunt and shoot together, but they know never to touch a gun if Dad or Mom aren't around. Education is the key.
            [/quote]

Be careful when they get older, peer pressure makes smart kids stupid.

Comment

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=2961.msg33910#msg33910 date=1293757363]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sad but true.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=2961.msg33923#msg33923 date=1293762479]
                [quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=2961.msg33910#msg33910 date=1293757363]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sad but true.
                [/quote]

I just had a talk with Sam about this last week. Up until now, he has only had playdates at houses of MY friends. In other words, I have been able to control his friends and who he hangs with. He is in 2nd grade now and has been invited over for playdates/birthday parties of people who I am not as close with. I know I can't keep him in a bubble so we sat down and had a long talk about gun safety. I figure that there is no way that I can control what goes on in other people's homes but I can at least make sure that he is educated about the dangers of it. I pretty much told him he better not ever touch a gun at somebody else's house even if he thinks it is just a toy or I will blow his head off myself.

Comment

Working...
                X