X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing for New Years?

?

Re: What are you doing for New Years?

Staying home with the kids. We have an invite to a party at a friend's house just a couple miles away, but I think we're gonna keep it low key this year.

Comment

Like a biatch, I'm cooking for 30 of my wife's closest friends. Hopefully I manage to get it completed without getting shitcanned first.

Comment

I'm contemplating going up to Lawrence or KC..but that means gas, food, drugs, and paying huge cover at a bar. Will be an expensive trip.

Comment

I'll be in Oklahoma City visiting my sister and her family. Since we weren't all together at Christmas, we will celebrate it that night......do the whole dinner, drinking, and presents thing. I'm so over Christmas at this point.

Comment

Working then going home. Making fun of the taped New Year's Eve "parties". Never been a big New Year's party guy.

Comment

Murder by Death at the Granada.

Comment

If I were in OKC I would be going to The Flaming Lips. Always wanted to go to one of their New Year's Eve shows.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2948.msg33488#msg33488 date=1293567259]
                  If I were in OKC I would be going to The Flaming Lips. Always wanted to go to one of their New Year's Eve shows.
                  [/quote]

We thought about taking the kids to the Thunder game that night. But between the KU game, Great Wolf Lodge, and the astronomical cost of renting a car out of KCI for 8 days, this trip back home is already costing us more than a "vacation" to Kansas in the middle of winter should cost anybody.

Comment

Found out today the wife has strep throat and she's not a quick healer. I'm guessing I'll be sitting in front of the tv drinking many beers. It's an exciting life, I tell ya.

Comment

I'm going back to Lawrence and walking straight into my roommates idea of what my birthday party should be like. Even though I turned 21 last week. The douchebag roommate thinks I want to party like a frat boy. It will be fun to watch him cry when I tell him to fuck off with his nasty alcohol and stupid drinking games.

If my other roommate wasn't completely awesome I would ditch the apartment altogether and go to a bar.

Comment

Party at my place. BYOB

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=2948.msg33499#msg33499 date=1293571637]
                          Found out today the wife has strep throat and she's not a quick healer. I'm guessing I'll be sitting in front of the tv drinking many beers. It's an exciting life, I tell ya.
                          [/quote]

You could just tuck her into bed and go out. Trust me, she'll get over it.

Comment

Going to a bar within walking distance of my house:

[img width=600 height=450]http://pegasusnews.com/media/img/photos/2010/04/14/thumbs/libertine.JPG.728x520_q85.jpg[/img]

Pretty hipster but it was voted best bar food in Dallas and has great beers on tap. They rotate their beers as the kegs run out and always have special, short runs from micro breweries. If you are a beer sn0b, you would love this place. Many a times have I seen people go there to discuss the finer aspects of their beer and whether the color is just right or not.

I loathe the people that hang out there (hipsters) but it's close to my house and I was able to set reservations that I can cancel at any time if something else comes up.

Comment

Going to a tasting menu at a DC restaurant. We are excited about the food, but as we haven't made any close friends in DC yet, we aren't thrilled spending it just us two.

Comment

Working...
                              X