Evolve root question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolve root question

If I root my phone I can turn it into a WiFi hotspot with out paying right? Also I looked at my Hboot version and it's like V 0.97.000 is this good? I still haven't done much in the way of rooting my phone.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Evolve root question

Also ROMS HELP!!!!!!!!! Don't even know where to start on that one.

Comment

What kind of phone is that? Who manufactures it? What carrier?

Comment

He said root.

Comment

Htc evo Sprint

Comment

[quote author=WhiteSuxDirtyBirds link=topic=2940.msg33316#msg33316 date=1293502205]
            Htc evo Sprint
            [/quote]

AH, thread title says 'evolve' and I hadn't heard of that one.

Go here for everything EVO: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619 . This site has everything you need to learn about rooting your Evo. I'm running Calkulins 12/22 EViO 2 ROM right now.

Also: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g/

And yeah, you can use the phone as a wireless hot spot without getting charged.

Comment

[quote author=WhiteSuxDirtyBirds link=topic=2940.msg33308#msg33308 date=1293496175]
              Also ROMS HELP!!!!!!!!! Don't even know where to start on that one.
              [/quote]

Rooting is going to give you the ability to run custom roms which in turn will likely have the hotspot functionality enabled. I don't have an evo myself so I can't speak to the available roms, but I would highly recommend forum.xda-developers.com to get that info, here is the evo forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619. I check the hd2, nexus one and vibrant forums regularly to help keep up my family's phones and it is a huge help

Edit: damn it

Comment

Yeah it says evolve because I was asking evolve not you hobos!
                :wow:

Comment

[quote author=WhiteSuxDirtyBirds link=topic=2940.msg33331#msg33331 date=1293504344]
                  [/quote]

Comment

[quote author=WhiteSuxDirtyBirds link=topic=2940.msg33331#msg33331 date=1293504344]
                    [/quote]

What. A. Douche.

Comment

need more than the HBoot #

need the HBoot version

the software version you're running currently

I'm not intimately familiar with the EVO rooting process (I've only rooted one, and it was one of the new ones that was a complete fucking bitch to root...and was worse because he tried running unrevoked when he shouldn't have) but i'm fairly certain something with your hboot version is pretty easy to root

shoot me a gtalk IM

Comment

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=2940.msg33343#msg33343 date=1293510271]

need the HBoot version

at the minimum
                        [/quote]

Downgrade his software and undervolt it 70% since he's being so pretentious.

Comment

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=2940.msg33326#msg33326 date=1293503732]
                          [quote author=WhiteSuxDirtyBirds link=topic=2940.msg33316#msg33316 date=1293502205]
                          Htc evo Sprint
                          [/quote]

AH, thread title says 'evolve' and I hadn't heard of that one.

Go here for everything EVO: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619 . This site has everything you need to learn about rooting your Evo. I'm running Calkulins 12/22 EViO 2 ROM right now.

Also: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g/

And yeah, you can use the phone as a wireless hot spot without getting charged.
                          [/quote]

I believe he already knows about XDA...but if you're new to any of this stuff, rooting the EVO can be a little...daunting.

Comment

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=2940.msg33344#msg33344 date=1293510376]
                            [quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=2940.msg33343#msg33343 date=1293510271]

need the HBoot version

at the minimum
                            [/quote]

Downgrade his software and undervolt it 70% since he's being so pretentious.
                            [/quote]

lol, I'll make him install an Eclair port with no root possible

Comment

I am running 2.2
                              HBoot 0.97.000

So many ways do root. I am not sure where to start. Also they keep talking about losing 4G forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X