Predators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predators

So I'm watching Adrien Brody, playing some kind of Mossad agent alongside 70s Show boy, Machete and several other racial/sexual stereotypes DROPPED into Predator Hunting Planet. And I'm wondering "How can this movie be so bad? What about the formula, from Arnold to Danny, do these Hollywood monkeys not get?"

:lute:

:oldballs:
    :cyclist:

Re: Predators

Honestly, I didn't think it was that great, but it wasn't that bad either.....dunno why they tried being cute with the 70's guy

I tell ya...Hollywood in the 80's knew how to make action movies

get ya a big star...let him use lots of guns and fucking kill people left and right in creative ways, and make sure you throw in some big ol' tits somewhere along the way....THATS how you make a fucking action movie

Comment

Yeah, the Guatemalan chick should've been naked at some point. I thought they were setting it up when Mopheus said the Preds could SMELL them. In the 80s they'd find a lake and she'd do her courtesy nude scene and the target audience, guys, would be happy.

But, Evolve, make no mistake: THIS MOVIE WAS HORRIBLE. It made no sense. Morpheus delurking to save them made no sense. Then he sets fire to his home? And the Preds never bothered looking in that huge place for him? And the whole movie the sun doesnt move...then suddenly it's fucking dark and Brody sets campfires to confuse the Preds infravision? I can go on with this movie's idiocy if you wish.

As a science fiction movie this is complete FAIL.
      As an action movie this was a medium FAIL. It loped along, allegedly building tension, yet it telegraphed a big fight between ONE Pred and Brody from about the first 10 minutes. Yawn.

And most infuriatingly...the ending wasn't an ending. It was a skywriting message to wait for the sequel, as if some gang of stoned bozos would bankroll another one of these travesties.

Comment

It was ok.

Comment

Is Alex Tyus in this one?

Comment

Adrien Brody may be a great actor, but an action star, he is not.

Comment

It wasn't good, but it was awesome, if that makes any sense.

Comment

[quote author=lessbigzee link=topic=2891.msg32550#msg32550 date=1293065705]
                [/quote]

I'm very interested in this confusing opinion.

This movie was for suckers. IMO, if you liked it, you are sucking the life out of cinema, you daft motherfucker.

Nothing personal.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2891.msg32544#msg32544 date=1293062153]
                  Adrien Brody may be a great actor, but an action star, he is not.
                  [/quote]

Yes. He is too good of an actor to be in a film like Predators anyway.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2891.msg32551#msg32551 date=1293065830]
                    [quote author=lessbigzee link=topic=2891.msg32550#msg32550 date=1293065705]
                    [/quote]

I'm very interested in this confusing opinion.

This movie was for suckers. IMO, if you liked it, you are sucking the life out of cinema, you daft motherfucker.

Nothing personal.
                    [/quote]

What did you go in expecting? Seems like a film to avoid if you have particular tastes.

Comment

I expected a film worthy of the original, and it's sequel. This one wasn't.

Comment

At least the people in the new one were shouldering their weapons, and did not feature a full on insurgency in downtown LA.

I think you're a whiny beotch sucking the life out of action films. Go watch Garden State again.

Nothing personal.

Comment

Never seen Garden State. But thanks for sucking my dick, you fat turd.

Comment

mah feelingz :cry:

Comment

[quote author=lessbigzee link=topic=2891.msg32620#msg32620 date=1293091442]
                              mah feelingz :cry:
                              [/quote]

This actually did make me lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X