How the fuck is Twitter worth $3.7 BILLION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the fuck is Twitter worth $3.7 BILLION

They don't have a profit model? What the fuck am I doign actually making shit? I should just create a crap website that people spend all day doing nothing on and posting links about other crap websites and chatting with morons.

http://www.bgr.com/2010/12/15/twitter-given-3-7-billion-valuation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28BGR+|+Boy+ Genius+Report%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Re: How the fuck is Twitter worth $3.7 BILLION

I want to have a good idea...that is 5% as profitable

Comment

I, for one, am shocked that the link worked when I clicked it. I did not have high expectations for teh link.

Comment

One shitpot full of businesses are using twitter for business network communication.

Comment

[quote author=Geezer link=topic=2723.msg30900#msg30900 date=1292455030]
          One shitpot full of businesses are using twitter for business network communication.
          [/quote]

This doesn't make twitter any money....

Comment

Definitely increases value, if sold

Comment

I get the feeling that this social media stuff is just a house of cards waiting to fall. I haven't seen one ad on any website that has lead to me purchasing anything in real life. Hell, I haven't even clicked on an ad in years.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2723.msg31075#msg31075 date=1292515246]
                I get the feeling that this social media stuff is just a house of cards waiting to fall. I haven't seen one ad on any website that has lead to me purchasing anything in real life. Hell, I haven't even clicked on an ad in years.
                [/quote]

You could say the same thing for newspaper advertising. But, I agree with the twitter comments. I love it and I get why it is around, but I have no damn clue on how they make any money off of it.

Comment

Not really sure, I guess because they apply internet value to the # of eyeballs viewing not profit.

But I do like the fact you can say "How the Fuck" on this site

How much is WTW worth?

Comment

[quote author=RDhawk link=topic=2723.msg31085#msg31085 date=1292516751]
                    Not really sure, I guess because they apply internet value to the # of eyeballs viewing not profit.

But I do like the fact you can say "How the Fuck" on this site

How much is WTW worth?
                    [/quote]

A package of beef jerky and a 30-pack of busch light. Of course value is based on September 16th.

Comment

Worth only = Money if sold

If I were Zuckerman or the owner of Twitter, I'd get out while it's hot

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2723.msg31090#msg31090 date=1292517117]
                        Worth only = Money if sold

If I were Zuckerman or the owner of Twitter, I'd get out while it's hot
                        [/quote]

Zuckerman refuted a Google takeover bid recently where he would have had cash $$.

Comment

I've tried clicking on newspapers ads but it never seems to work right. Is my mouse defective or do I need a special newspaper mouse? Thank you in advance you fucking retards.

Comment

Zuckerman refuted a Google takeover bid recently where he would have had cash $$.
                            I remember that...didn't he turn down yahoo as well?

to be fair, I'd turn down yahoo also

ZING

Comment

Working...
                            X