X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister's in the market for a new car

Anyone know anything about this Jetta?

Re: Sister's in the market for a new car

My personal experience is that Volkswagens suck. My Jetta had 7k of work done to it in 7 months, immediately after the warranty went out. I have friends who have Jettas, Passats and other VW vehicles who also have had a tremendous amount of issues. And getting ANYTHING that is a high profile/desired item on Gilt is extremely difficult. The purse I wanted sold out in less than a minute (I'm not exaggerating either) on Monday.

Comment

Sounds like a marketing trap if I ever saw one.

My sister did the Jetta thing. Parts are expensive and made overseas. The thing was falling apart at 6-7 years of service. Avoid.

Comment

If she doesn't buy a Mercedes-Benz, I'm going to be hugely disappointed in her tastes.

Comment

haha she's a poor poor college kid...might as well give it a shot, eh

doubt she'd ever get that car in the contest, but I thought she might try...that is, if it was worth getting

I know the track record on VW's, but had heard rumblings that it had been corrected on the Jetta....didn't know if anyone had heard anything

Comment

[quote author=JHAWKjason link=topic=2714.msg30788#msg30788 date=1292428977]
            If she doesn't buy a Mercedes-Benz, I'm going to be hugely disappointed in her tastes.
            [/quote]

I have a MB S320. That thing is expensive as shit to repair, requires special oil filters/oil, and everything. It is a fun car to drive and really nice inside, but dammit if everything doesn't break at the same fucking time on it. Pretty much everything that has broken has been about a grand to repair. Some of the non-essential shit that is just convenience stuff I chose not to fix. A new heater fan is going to cost me about 900 bucks to repair on parts alone. So I say fuck it. I'll drive in the cold.

Also, never had a friend who drove a Jetta, and after three years said they loved the car. I'd look into something else.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=2714.msg30821#msg30821 date=1292435249]
              [quote author=JHAWKjason link=topic=2714.msg30788#msg30788 date=1292428977]
              [/quote]

I have a MB S320. That thing is expensive as shit to repair, requires special oil filters/oil, and everything. It is a fun car to drive and really nice inside, but dammit if everything doesn't break at the same fucking time on it. Pretty much everything that has broken has been about a grand to repair. Some of the non-essential shit that is just convenience stuff I chose not to fix. A new heater fan is going to cost me about 900 bucks to repair on parts alone. So I say fuck it. I'll drive in the cold.

Also, never had a friend who drove a Jetta, and after three years said they loved the car. I'd look into something else.
              [/quote]

You need to get rid of that thing. It's going to keep biting you in the ass.

Comment

I had a Jetta when I was in high school, and like others have said, it was a huge pain in the ass.

The only reason I bought it was b/c I had a huge crash on the guy trying to sell it to me.....Brandon Steven (the Wichita people will know who I am talking about). Ahhh.....the one that got away.

Comment

Working...
                X