Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSX Deadly Descent?

Uh, yeah....it's about fuckin' time
    Last edited by Joe Norris; 02-24-12, 09:30 AM.

Re: SSX Deadly Descent?

Yea that looks badass. Tricky is still one of my favorite games ever.

Comment

Re: SSX Deadly Descent?

Love that one....gotta say that 3 is my favorite of the series...loved the "free form" style of it
      Last edited by Joe Norris; 02-24-12, 09:30 AM.

Comment

This has been a long time in the making...February 28th mutha suckassssss

appears they're just calling it SSX

Comment

I might have to buy my first new game in a while for this.

Will this have some free-roaming areas or will it all be courses?

Comment

The way the trailers play out, it looks like courses, which would be disappointing, but I mean, it's not like I can snowboard from New Zealand to Africa...that said, I have to believe since they haven't made a next gen game that they'll open it up...SSX 3 was pretty damn big for an xbox game....I bought ssx on tour used and played it maybe twice, so I don't really remember much of that

I need to read a review on the game...visually, it looks sexy as hell

Comment

a review I found from...blast reviews?...I usually use ign (shut up film, it's all I know) and they don't have a review up yet

SSX 2012 is the seventh installment in the SSX series of snowboarding game released by the gaming major Electronic Arts. In this game you become a team member where you are snowboarding down steep descents across Antarctica and the Himalayas. The game takes you over a real-world mountainous terrain with ice tunnels, stalactite caves, failing ice sheets, fissures, canyons and other dangers take the challenge to the next higher level. The looks feature fresh elements like choppers, amazing user interface and improved graphical innovations on more and wider maps with snow-spray and enhanced shadowing effects.

When was the last time you played a game where bands featured their music into the games. When it comes to sound and music SSX is a rock-n-roll extravaganza. A complete list of popular artists have made their contribution to the game. There are over 3 dozen licensed songs and around a dozen originals made only for the game. The gameplay involves dropping from helicopter, fighting and staying ahead of avalanches and using wingsuits. In SSX 2012, EA has given a more realistic direction compared to the previous installments. The locations in the game are real compared to illusory courses in the previous versions. The level and mapping design is immensely different and evolved. There is more of an open world gameplay with lesser "invisible walls" and barriers. (SSX review)

SSX 2012 features the come-back of the popular combo system that allows for building-up trick points, dialogue, commentary, graffiti races. "It's Tricky" by Run DMC is another comeback and you are also able to play music from your system, courtesy to a unique music feature. There are more maps and more customizations, and the graphics are more realistic and the sound more rocking than ever to make you want to hit the snow again and again.

SSX is miles ahead of your regular racing video games. The terrains are wide open, there are multiple starting points and elevations, absence of invisible walls. It is your dexterity and imagination and skills that will help you discover the shortest and safest path down the deadly descents.SSX is one snowboarding game where music and real-like graphics make it even more thrilling to take on the rock slides and avalanches in some of the most dangerous real-world descents in the Antarctic and the Himalayas. Snowboarding games can’t get better, more challenging and realistic than this installment from the developer EA Canada. Get SSX now!

Comment

I hope that's legit. Cause it sounds awesome.

Comment

the music has always been one of my favorite parts of the game

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                    Love that one....gotta say that 3 is my favorite of the series...loved the "free form" style of it
                    This. 3 was the best by far. Cannot wait for this one though.

Comment

notice when this thread was posted...december...of 2010

CAN'T WAIT

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                        notice when this thread was posted...december...of 2010

CAN'T WAIT
                        Oops. My badness. Still. SSX seems like it's going to be bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherlock View Post
                          Oops. My badness. Still. SSX seems like it's going to be bomb.
                          wasn't saying you did anything wrong, was just saying, I posted this OVER a year ago, haha...I have been waiting for so long

Comment

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/652/ssx/

calls it a "classic." I will pick it up next week fo sho.

Comment

Ugh, so close to pulling the trigger...even though I just dropped $600 on a new phone

Comment

Working...
                              X