Inception Sucked... there... I said it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inception Sucked... there... I said it

Just watched this movie for the first time last night.

Bought the BluRay and sat down for a viewing. Was really not impressed. Maybe because I had heard such good things, but I was really let down.

Great premise for a movie, and I like the idea of dreams within a dream, however it just failed for me. The ending was weak, and the whole movie just felt half-assed.

Re: Inception Sucked... there... I said it

I might also mention that my BRAND NEW disc skipped TWICE during the viewing and that really angered me.

Comment

Update your firmware n00b

Comment

I saw it once, I need to see it again before I can make such a bold statement

I enjoyed it for what it was, but everyone told me it was mind blowingly awesome so I had high expectations

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2678.msg30309#msg30309 date=1292257505]
          [/quote]

Firmware? I bought the player a month ago. I shouldn't have to do shit to get a movie to play.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2678.msg30312#msg30312 date=1292257875]
            [/quote]

Firmware? I bought the player a month ago. I shouldn't have to do shit to get a movie to play.
            [/quote]

Welcome to technology. VHS tapes still play well out of the box.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2678.msg30313#msg30313 date=1292257929]
              [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're just pissy because you liked the movie. Admit it....

With all the high expectations, it's very contrived. Very M Night Shamamamamamalan-like.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2678.msg30314#msg30314 date=1292258106]
                [quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2678.msg30313#msg30313 date=1292257929]
                [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're just pissy because you liked the movie. Admit it....

With all the high expectations, it's very contrived. Very M Night Shamamamamamalan-like.
                [/quote]

You need to stop before you embarrass yourself more than you already have.

Comment

I thought it was a good film, but not as mind-blowing as many have said.

Comment

[/quote]

Speaking of scams (see single cup coffeemaker thread), this firmware updating bullshit for home video takes the entire bakery.

Just so fucking entertainment companies can update their anti-theft protection *** I HAVE TO UPDATE MY FUCKING PLAYER**?

Stuff like this just makes not buying a new Blu-Ray player an easy choice. Just watch everything online. Fuck you, Philips, Magnavox, Panasonic, etc.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2678.msg30316#msg30316 date=1292258300]

[/quote]

Here is why I think we have different views. I assume you saw the movie well before most general public. So you got to be "wowed" by the film. Now, I waited to see the movie till it was on DVD, and have heard many many people tell me how it will blow my mind, and is easily the movie of the year.

With different expectations come different experiences.

Comment

Inception was enjoyable the first time but I really have no interest in watching it again.

Crazy premise and done well, but doesn't intrigue me further.

And that Juno bitch makes me angry.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2678.msg30322#msg30322 date=1292258638]
                          [quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2678.msg30316#msg30316 date=1292258300]

[/quote]

Here is why I think we have different views. I assume you saw the movie well before most general public. So you got to be "wowed" by the film. Now, I waited to see the movie till it was on DVD, and have heard many many people tell me how it will blow my mind, and is easily the movie of the year.

With different expectations come different experiences.
                          [/quote]

Ok, but don't you dare compare it to M Night Shamalamadingdong bullshit.

Comment

You did cheat yourself, ICThawk, by not watching it on the biggest screen possible. The vfx were a huge part of the power of the silly story.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2678.msg30325#msg30325 date=1292258731]
                              You did cheat yourself, ICThawk, by not watching it on the biggest screen possible. The vfx were a huge part of the power of the silly story.
                              [/quote]

Well I watched it in my bedroom.... I was maybe 8 feet from 42" of screen. But maybe you're right.

Oh and FFilm.... FTR.... I really liked "Lady in the Water" (guilty pleasure)

Comment

Working...
                              X