THOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THOR

I'm thinking this may be better than I thought it was going to be.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/...r-from-marvel/

Re: THOR

Eh.

Comment

I had extremely low expectations in the first place, so I'm starting to get excited now. :runaway:

Comment

Natalie Portman will help, but I have a feeling it will be superhero overload next summer. There is a reason that some of these characters haven't had full length movies on their own, cause they kind of suck.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2674.msg30283#msg30283 date=1292252862]
          Natalie Portman will help, but I have a feeling it will be superhero overload next summer. There is a reason that some of these characters haven't had full length movies on their own, cause they kind of suck.
          [/quote]

Thor is probably the most challenging main character for which to do a film. It's hard to do anything related to Asgard without coming off super-cheesy.

In my opinion, based on this trailer, Branagh selected the best approach. Whether the story holds together remains to be seen, of course.

I love how the Destroyer looks, so at least it's got that going for it.

Comment

Yeah I don't dislike the visual style of the film at all...I just never really liked Thor (or Captain America for that matter) that much

Comment

Hulk Hogan in his prime had the physical stature required -- tall, broad and mean looking. This guy seems ok though. I had very low expectations before this and they're slightly raised. Ken Branagh as director doesn't excite me. The cast doesn't excite me.

The origin stuff in Valhalla excites me. Thor being imprisoned by military flunkies and schooling them doesn't excite me.

I'm still expecting it to suck but not nearly as bad as I was fearing. Thor is just a weak pony in the Marvel stable.

Comment

That looks terrible.

Comment

I hope the movie covers the part of Thors life where he played football at USC.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2674.msg30446#msg30446 date=1292277480]
                    I hope the movie covers the part of Thors life where he played football at USC.

[/quote]

Not if some of that time was spent on a team erased from the record books.

Comment

Working...
                    X