New Sprint phone EVO vs Epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sprint phone EVO vs Epic

leaning towards the EVO. Reviews are slightly better.
    The full key board and longer battery life on the epic is appealing.
    I don't have sausage fingers, but touch screen typing seems to take some getting used too.

Any one have these phones? What say you?

Re: New Sprint phone EVO vs Epic

I have an evo. I don't know shit about phones so take this fwiw. I don't have it rooted, nor do i know how or what it means.

Battery is bad, even with all the tweaks.
    Apps are good and everything runs fast.
    Sometimes mine heats up and the battery dies in about 30 minutes with zero use.
    I could probably be served best with a shitty flip phone, but live and learn.

Overall I like it, but don't have much choice.

Comment

I have the evo its a pretty solid phone the battery life does suck if you use the phone to browse the internet or run apps on it most of the time you have it on . But if you just use it for calling,texting the battery life is fine for a days use. One big problem I have with it is I just got mine in June when they came out and my antenna is going out apparently. the browsing speed is fast even just on 3g and I love the music player on it.

Comment

Best Avatar I've seen today. In fact I have no idea what you wrote because I just kept watching it. This avatar rivals "They be stealin my bucket".

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2585.msg29420#msg29420 date=1291827573]

Best Avatar I've seen today. In fact I have no idea what you wrote because I just kept watching it. This avatar rivals "They be stealin my bucket".
          [/quote]

Thanks ,wish I could take credit for making it.

Comment

if you run juice defender like I recommend, Evo's manageable for battery life

I personally would prefer the Evo

HTC pushes updates faster for the EVO than Samsung does for the Epic

if you get the EVO, you'll probably have Gingerbread by Christmas as an official update

with Samsung, you might be....Q2 next year, they're still doing Froyo and it's not to their US devices yet even

Development is way better for HTC devices than Samsung as well

Comment

thanks evolv I knew you were good for something

Comment

They both are great devices. I have the EVO and run a hacked HD Froyo ROM on it. I think it comes down to if you need a hardware keyboard which the Epic has.

Are you upgrading or new to Sprint? Check Bestbuy and Radioshack, they will upgrade your phone and they take off the rebate up front. If you're new to Sprint I saw Radioshack online is selling the EVO for $99 on a new contract, $149 upgrade. Wow, the Epic is only $179 online at the shack new or upgrade. Everywhere else I think is 250.

Comment

Working...
                X