• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine

Youtube of Imagine by John Lennon, October 9, 1940 to December 8, 1980:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxLnIRVVwIM

RIP John Lennon...

Re: Imagine

1) pbs' american masters featured lennon and his life in nyc last month. (i need to email pbs to explain that he wasn't an american.) nevertheless, it's a great doc...you can watch it online here:
    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmast...ull-film/1722/

2) mccartney is the musical guest on snl this weekend.

Comment

Lennon had a green card and was eligible to become a U.S. Citizen in 1981, just a few short months before he was murdered.

Nevertheless, Lennon incurred the ire of the Nixon administration for his anti-war activities -- a war that Great Britain had almost no involvement in. Nixon's people had many files on Lennon. To me, the sum total of all of it, including that he was trying to gain citizenship at the time of his assassination, makes Lennon an American.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2583.msg29441#msg29441 date=1291831720]
        Lennon had a green card and was eligible to become a U.S. Citizen in 1981, just a few short months before he was murdered.

Nevertheless, Lennon incurred the ire of the Nixon administration for his anti-war activities -- a war that Great Britain had almost no involvement in. Nixon's people had many files on Lennon. To me, the sum total of all of it, including that he was trying to gain citizenship at the time of his assassination, makes Lennon an American.
        [/quote]

meh...i'll give you "almost-american masters"

the doc shows just how bad the nixon administration wanted to get lennon. it's crazy to think that the govt spent SO much time and money on it. as if he was public enemy #1.

Comment

Working...
        X