ASII Fratter just gave me this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASII Fratter just gave me this

[img width=600 height=231]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5390/scaledp.jpg[/img]

My coworkers house was robbed today around lunchtime, we've had lots of front doors busted in in the midtown area & it's the holiday season when burglaries are at a high so fratter told me he was bringing over his Remington 870 for me to keep.

He just brought it over for me, had me load and unload it and gave me two turkeyshot for it.

Fratter and I are going out to my other coworkers ranch on Sunday so I can shoot it.

Re: ASII Fratter just gave me this

Do me a favor and take a gun safety class. Thank you.

Comment

[quote author=Pro-tits link=topic=2526.msg28795#msg28795 date=1291428641]
      Do everyone a favor and take a gun safety class. Thank you.
      [/quote]

FYP

Comment

I've taken a gun safety course. It was a few years ago but nevertheless, I have.

Comment

Do humanity a favor and burn that quilt under a full moon. Bonus points if you're covered only in yellow and orange body paint and have a photographer present (and post the results here).

Comment

I've had my say in chat.
            I truly hope that you never feel that it's necessary to use it.

Comment

If someone breaks into your house and is dumb enough to stay after hearing the sound of that thing being cocked, they fully deserve what is coming to them.

That is seriously among the Top 5 most frightening unexpected sounds.

Comment

ASII Fratter just gave me this

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2526.msg28829#msg28829 date=1291456801]
                If someone breaks into your house and is dumb enough to stay after hearing the sound of that thing being cocked, they fully deserve what is coming to them.

That is seriously among the Top 5 most frightening unexpected sounds.
                [/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. My roommate was napping in her bedroom with the door shut and fratter and I were in the living room. The noises woke her up,

Comment

I am VERY Anti Gun in Homes. So I'm gonna politely excuse myself from this thread before I go off.

Comment

Please understand that my post isn't meant to be condescending in any way. You're an adult, and I'm sure you're a responsible person. With that said, I'm not sure this is one of your better ideas. A gun safety class (years ago) and an afternoon at the ranch probably aren't going to cut it. If someone were to break into your house, chances are your stress level is going to prevent you from even loading the thing in a timely manner, if at all (fine motor skills are one of the first things to go). It takes hours and hours of repetition to prepare yourself to handle a situation like that. Your best bet is an alarm system and a sound exit strategy. You should also keep your car keys near you when you go to sleep, and hit the panic button at the first sign of an intruder. You should also have Tulsa PD come over and do a security assessment of the house.

If you're dead set on keeping the shotgun, at least get rid of the Turkey rounds and get 00 Buck.

Comment

What's a fratter?

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2526.msg28799#msg28799 date=1291430284]
                        Do humanity a favor and burn that quilt under a full moon. Bonus points if you're covered only in yellow and orange body paint and have a photographer present (and post the results here).
                        [/quote]

Seriously. That quilt reminds me of some stereotypical farm house scene from little house on the prairie.

Comment

I happen to like my pottery barn woodland duvet.

Comment

I thought this was going to be an STD thread.

Comment

If you have a gun for home protection and it's not loaded at all times, it's just an expensive piece of art, and is useless. For a pump shotgun (i have that exact gun myself) have the magazine fully loaded and an empty chamber. That way you're less likely to shoot yourself and and still have the deterring sound effect of pumping the gun, while actually getting it ready to shoot.
                              My $.02.

Comment

Working...
                              X