This Week In Movies: December 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Week In Movies: December 3rd

Nothing. Unless you live in NY or LA there is one whole movie coming out this week. I'll only be writing up stuff that is opening in the KC area so you will have to wait for Black Swan for 2 weeks.

The Warrior's Way

[img width=409 height=600]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OPeerpAeAs/TMJlrq4KuQI/AAAAAAAAZbk/p4r5_JFMU4s/s1600/kb_warriors_way_character_poster1.jpg[/img]

Rated: R
    Directed By: Sngmoo Lee
    Starring: Kate Bosworth, Geoffrey Rush, Dong-gun Jang

TRAILER

Synopsis: The world's greatest swordsman abandons his warrior clan to start a new life in the American Badlands in THE WARRIOR'S WAY, a visually dazzling modern martial arts adventure with stunningly choreographed fight sequences and gravity-defying stunts. In an original, gorgeously realized journey into a mythical past, writer and director Sngmoo Lee seamlessly marries the cinematic traditions of East and West. Korean superstar Jang Dong Gun, Kate Bosworth, Danny Huston and Academy Award-winner Geoffrey Rush star in this epic story of revenge and redemption.

Have you seen it FF24? No

FF24 Take: Wasn't screened for critics which is never a good sign. I couldn't be less interested in this movie despite the "different" casting of Hollywood actors in this very Eastern looking film. It will tank this weekend and I would be shocked if it hit the top 5. It will be a very down weekend for the box office considering we are in post-Thanksgiving pre-Oscar territory.

If I could see one movie this weekend what would it be? I would come see the ROAST of Home Alone at the Screenland Crossroads in Kansas City Friday or Saturday at 9:30. It's like MST3K but LIVE. /shamelessplug

Coming Next Week: The Tourist, The Tempest, The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (BARF), The Company Men

Re: This Week In Movies: December 3rd

Is True Grit going to be as great as everyone says it is?

Comment

[quote author=CrushedDove link=topic=2512.msg28637#msg28637 date=1291393476]
      Is True Grit going to be as great as everyone says it is?
      [/quote]

My screening of it was Wednesday at the same time as Tron. I chose to see Tron. I heard from people that went that it is as good as you think it will be. Not the Coen's best, but in the top tier.

Comment

How was TRON?

Comment

[quote author=WolfShirtSophomore link=topic=2512.msg28645#msg28645 date=1291394798]
          How was TRON?
          [/quote]

Can't talk about it till next week. But I will describe it in a series of emoticons:

:wow:
          :nod:
          :rolling:
          :shades:
          :runaway:

:gun:
          :jerkoff:
          :blah:

Comment

I've read a couple early reviews of Tron. Sounds like the consensus is that it looks amazing but the story is seriously lacking unless you're well versed in the world of Tron. I haven't watched it in many years but loved it as a kid. I was going to pick it up on DVD but apparently it's unavailable in stores. Can't believe they didn't reissue it prior to this movie.

I'll go anyway but I'm lowering expectations.. Daft Punk soundtrack is apparently The Shit.

Comment

[quote author=CrushedDove link=topic=2512.msg28658#msg28658 date=1291396058]
              I've read a couple early reviews of Tron. Sounds like the consensus is that it looks amazing but the story is seriously lacking unless you're well versed in the world of Tron. I haven't watched it in many years but loved it as a kid. I was going to pick it up on DVD but apparently it's unavailable in stores. Can't believe they didn't reissue it prior to this movie.

I'll go anyway but I'm lowering expectations.. Daft Punk soundtrack is apparently The Shit.
              [/quote]

I've never seen Tron. There, I came clean.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=2512.msg28664#msg28664 date=1291396470]

I've never seen Tron. There, I came clean.
                [/quote]

FF24 is also guilty as charged.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2512.msg28651#msg28651 date=1291395227]
                  [quote author=WolfShirtSophomore link=topic=2512.msg28645#msg28645 date=1291394798]
                  How was TRON?
                  [/quote]

Can't talk about it till next week. But I will describe it in a series of emoticons:

[/quote]

no :piitb: ?

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2512.msg28651#msg28651 date=1291395227]
                    How was TRON?
                    [/quote]

[/quote]

I think all your reviews should be in this format.

Comment

Really looking forward to Tron. I don't really care if it's bad. It's one of those childhood weak spots for me.

Comment

So ff24, which December movie is going to be the best?

I expect good things from True Grit.

I never got into Tron. I haven't even seen it and don't plan on seeing the new one.

I think next summer will be better than this summer's movies. Capt. America and Cowboys and Aliens look good.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=2512.msg29197#msg29197 date=1291741993]
                          So ff24, which December movie is going to be the best?
                          [/quote]

Black Swan.

NEXT

Comment

Which summer movie are you most looking forward to?

Comment

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2

Comment

Working...
                              X