Clothing trends when you were in middle school/high school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing trends when you were in middle school/high school

Saw a guy wearing Jnco jeans (lmao, do they make those still?) the other day and it reminded me of trends of the past. What embarrassing clothing did you rock back in the day? I remember in middle school you weren't cool if you didn't have a pair of Jnco's, Doc Martin sandals, SS2Gs, or Mossimo/Tommy gear.

Re: Clothing trends when you were in middle school/high school

Z. Cavaricci, Ocean Pacific, Pepe and Guess? Jeans, jam shorts, silk shirts, Nikes with rolled jeans. That's off the top of my head.

Comment

[quote author=bedouinsoundclash link=topic=2504.msg28509#msg28509 date=1291330560]
      Saw a guy wearing Jnco jeans (lmao, do they make those still?) the other day and it reminded me of trends of the past. What embarrassing clothing did you rock back in the day? I remember in middle school you weren't cool if you didn't have a pair of Jnco's, Doc Martin sandals, SS2Gs, or Mossimo/Tommy gear.

[/quote]

I think we went to school together.

Comment

Yaga, Stussy, and No Fear. The fucking 90s man.

Comment

I remember I celebrated my first period by buying my first pair of Guess jeans. It was a really big day for me.

Comment

[quote author=CrushedDove link=topic=2504.msg28513#msg28513 date=1291331099]
            Z. Cavaricci, Ocean Pacific, Pepe and Guess? Jeans, jam shorts, silk shirts, Nikes with rolled jeans. That's off the top of my head.
            [/quote]

This pretty much describes my middle school years, all that needs to be added are the I.O.U. sweatshirts.

Comment

STARTER COATS FTW!!

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2504.msg28542#msg28542 date=1291333866]
                STARTER COATS FTW!!

[/quote]

I had a pimp-ass black Sonics Starter coat. I also had a sweet pair of these in 6th grade:

Also, these:

Comment

Big bell Levis and disco clothes. Think satin shirts, platform shoes, and hip high pants.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2504.msg28542#msg28542 date=1291333866]
                    STARTER COATS FTW!!

[/quote]

Careful, Man. You can get shot for those.

Comment

I wore uniforms from kindergarten until junior year. Weekends in middle school when I was at mixers I totally rocked the snake skin or leopard pants. Also, there was a brief period that really big platforms came back (thank you Steve Madden). In 7th grade those tiny butterfly clips were super popular, bleh. Normal days I just wore Abercrombie jeans or jean skirt and a top from there. Nothing too exciting. That stopped after 10th grade, thank goodness. I wore ralph lauren polos & oxfords and juicy jackets or my sport hoodies with jeans for the rest of high school. Birkenstocks were my shoe of choice for bummin' around. In fact, I pulled them out last night and rocked them to the grocery.

Comment

Clothing trends when you were in middle school/high school

Anyone here rock the slap bracelet? You know you did! Step up!

Comment

Tight rolled XCavs and Pepe jeans.

Comment

OP shirts and shorts, various novelty T's like the Tecate' Beer tee that I wore to school in 7th grade. Vans. Levi cordurory pants for more formal occassions.

Yeah, the 70's were bitchin'!

Comment

Vans and Airwalks, Stussy, Mossimo, Sting, and Yaga t-shirts, college sweatshirts with the raised print on 'em, rolled-up jeans with holes in the knees, flannel shirts, grunge era band t-shirts...

Ah, the height of teen fashion.

Comment

Working...
                              X