Microsoft Security Essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Security Essentials

The Phog Black Death of 2010 has struck the Naismith house (apparently). I now have a Windows 7 OS with Microsoft Security Essentials installed. I recall one the the AIDZ threads on phog where several posters mentioned MSE and that it caught the virus.

Has anyone here had experience with MSE to know how well it works, or suggestions for other things to download?

Thanks in advance,
    DrJ

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials

It's running on my work computer and has been for several months. No issues with it.

Comment

Malware bytes is the best one you can get. I use it on all my computers at home, and used it "in the biz" when I was running IT for a small company. Regular updates, and it's free.

Comment

I have MS essentials running on all of our PC's. Have had absolutely no problems and it catches a lot of shit.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2500.msg28475#msg28475 date=1291322425]
          Malware bytes is the best one you can get. I use it on all my computers at home, and used it "in the biz" when I was running IT for a small company. Regular updates, and it's free.
          [/quote]

Thanks for this and to the others that replied as well.

To those that might know, did MSE catch the Phog Aidz when your browsed there?

Comment

yes. I'm pretty sure the AIDZ is tucked into one of the advertisements on ToS.

Comment

Microsoft Security Essentials

[quote author=sweaterbydarwin link=topic=2500.msg28496#msg28496 date=1291328183]
              [/quote]

Didn't you hear? Fuegs caused the AIDZ!

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2500.msg28499#msg28499 date=1291328551]
                [quote author=sweaterbydarwin link=topic=2500.msg28496#msg28496 date=1291328183]
                [/quote]

Didn't you hear? Fuegs caused the AIDZ!
                [/quote]

What was that about? I got an email about a new thread, but I've not been back. I'm skeered!

Comment

[quote author=DrJamesANaismith link=topic=2500.msg28489#msg28489 date=1291327162]
                  [quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2500.msg28475#msg28475 date=1291322425]
                  [/quote]

Thanks for this and to the others that replied as well.

To those that might know, did MSE catch the Phog Aidz when your browsed there?
                  [/quote]

Yes, MSE caught the AIDZ for me this last go around. I run Avast, MSE and Malwarebytes.

Comment

Working...
                  X