I'm doing it, I'm ditching AT&T and the iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm doing it, I'm ditching AT&T and the iPhone

Big step for me, I don't know how to quit the iPhone (I've had one since they came out) but I'm just sick of it all.

Taking the wife with me to Verizon and trying to decide between the Droid X and the Droid Incredible. Verizon has a buy one get one free at the moment.

Has anyone had any BAD experiences with Verizon in the KC area, more specifically downtown?

Evolve to the white courtesy telephone.

Re: I'm doing it, I'm ditching AT&T and the iPhone

Not going to wait for the white iPhone coming to Verizon early next year?

Comment

terrible move......... i guess im a homer when it comes to apple products but i couldnt ever ger rid of my iphone best of luck to ya.....

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk513 link=topic=2493.msg28338#msg28338 date=1291306172]
        terrible move......... i guess im a homer when it comes to apple products but i couldnt ever ger rid of my iphone best of luck to ya.....
        [/quote]

Tom?

Comment

iphone is not going to verizon...... fuck verizon ATT is the best

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=2493.msg28337#msg28337 date=1291306158]
            [/quote]

LISTEN TO THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH

I'm done with the iPhone as a platform. It's annoying the shit out of me. AT&T sucks too, but I'm ready for something new.

Comment

I would play around with the Blur and Sense overlays and see which you like better

Personally, I hate Blur and like Sense....also, the Droid Incredible is just that...it's an incredible phone. It's extremely fast, and whenever I've taken occasion to use one/play with it it's always very fast and incredibly responsive.

The DroidX....not so much. Blur seems to bog the system down a bit more. However, the DroidX has that big 4.3" screen....which after you use a while, you won't be able to go back to a simple 3.7" screen like the DroidINC.

I have a feeling from what I know of you, that you'll like the Droid Incredible much more than the DroidX, but give both a whirl.

The DroidInc is also way easier to root and run custom Roms on. You can do it on the DroidX, but it's always a bit more difficult and trickier due to the way you have to load recovery and such.

Comment

Explain to me (or link me something) that tells me about Blur and Sense.

Will I be able to upgrade to Droid OS 3.0 or whatever the new one is on an older phone like the Incredible?

Is there something literally just around the corner that I should wait on?

Comment

if you find yourself lusting after a bigger screen than the 3.7" but find the DroidX and Blur annoying, you could try out the Fascinate. The Dev Community hasn't really latched onto it, but it gets enough leftovers from Captivate/Vibrant development.

It comes preloaded with Bing Maps and shit, but it's easy as hell to get rid of all of that.

The Incredible has a way better dev community behind it and it's a way better phone stock (and with google everything), but the screen on the Fascinate is awesome

Comment

The no data and voice at the same time worries me a little on the Incredible...

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2493.msg28345#msg28345 date=1291306464]
                      Explain to me (or link me something) that tells me about Blur and Sense.

Will I be able to upgrade to Droid OS 3.0 or whatever the new one is on an older phone like the Incredible?

Is there something literally just around the corner that I should wait on?
                      [/quote]

Most manufacturers tend to have custom interfaces and stuff they integrate in.

if you pick up the DroidX and play with it, it's the homescreen/launcher. You'll notice it's quite different than the Droid Incredible.

HTC is way better about getting out newer upgrades than Motorola though. Samsung's the worst.

If you want the newest versions of Android all the time and immediately after it's released, you should go with T-Mobile and get the new Samsung Nexus S coming in a few weeks or the G2 (it will be upgraded very fast).

Probably the quickest phone with Verizon right now for upgrades would be the Droid Incredible, but it's speculation. Motorola didn't waste any time updating the Droid2 and DroidX this last time, so you never know. HTC has a better track record though

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2493.msg28352#msg28352 date=1291306835]
                        [/quote]

go with T-Mobile and get the G2 or the Nexus S (coming soon) then if you want voice + data

Comment

The Droid X is awesome. That's about all I've got for you.

Comment

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=2493.msg28356#msg28356 date=1291306915]
                            [quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2493.msg28352#msg28352 date=1291306835]
                            [/quote]

go with T-Mobile and get the G2 or the Nexus S (coming soon) then if you want voice + data
                            [/quote]

I doesn't worry me enough to go to T-Mobile.

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=2493.msg28337#msg28337 date=1291306158]
                              [/quote]

yuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X