ATO: Internet on iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATO: Internet on iPhone

This is probably a stupid question. Actually, I guarantee it is.

My roommate doesn't have unlimited internet on her iPhone.

Every time she uses facebook (and not twitter) she logs out because she thinks that if she doesn't, she'll continue to use her allotted internet. I say once she closes the app, it discontinues the use.

Who is right? What's the story? Thanks y'all.

Re: ATO: Internet on iPhone

I think iphone apps just run underneath all the time. she has to make sure that the apps won't push stuff to her and use her valuable internet time.

she should get the unlimited. or jailbreak the phone.

Comment

DON'T USE ALL OF TEH INTERNET!!!

Comment

What is the point of having an iPhone, or any smartphone for that matter, if you don't have unlimited interwebz?

Comment

AT&T got rid of their Unlimited data plan a while ago. The most you can get is 2GB of data per month (which is admittedly a lot). Carriers are starting to realize they can make more money by getting rid of unlimited plans.

Comment

My account online still says I have unlimited....

Comment

[quote author=UB link=topic=2431.msg27574#msg27574 date=1291089736]
              My account online still says I have unlimited....
              [/quote]

So share with your roommate you greedy little tramp.

Comment

I believe you're grandfathered in if you have the old iPhone data plan.

Comment

[quote author=ono link=topic=2431.msg27578#msg27578 date=1291090079]
                  [/quote]

This.

You'll have to switch eventually.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2431.msg27589#msg27589 date=1291104029]
                    [quote author=ono link=topic=2431.msg27578#msg27578 date=1291090079]
                    [/quote]

This.

You'll have to switch eventually.
                    [/quote]

If you have a Grandfathered Unlimited Internet you wont have to change it. That is the point. However if you ever want to change your plan you will have to choose. I assume that shortly in the future AT&T will roll out an offer that's just too good and people will change just to get it. Personally I am grandfathered into unlimited internet, but I also have unlimited minutes and texts, so I have no desire to ever change.

Comment

Working...
                    X