I Love You vs. I'm IN Love with You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love You vs. I'm IN Love with You

To the three ladies on the site, is there a difference?

A friend of mine is trying to convince me that they're different, but do women actually care?

Her defense was "are you in love with your mom?"

If I use this will it guarantee some bomb ass pu$$y?

Re: I Love You vs. I'm IN Love with You

IMO.....yes, HUGE difference.

I have lots of guy friends that I would say that I "love".....like I love my brother. I've only been IN love three times in my life (and, yes KVN, one of them was the ghey one).

But, Joe, I can't guarantee that telling your girl that you are IN love with her is going to mean she will finally let you nail her on your balcony. I guess it's worth a shot.

Comment

Comment

ahhhhh balcony secks...forgot about that...though, if it's chilly out, I might pull an enfuego

perhaps I'll try adding the IN tonight

Comment

I find getting drunk works far better than anything you could ever say. Other than wearing my Slim Goodbody unitard, that is.

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2339.msg26502#msg26502 date=1290547001]
          ahhhhh balcony secks...forgot about that...though, if it's chilly out, I might pull an enfuego

perhaps I'll try adding the IN tonight
          [/quote]

Comment

don't listen to BBSB's advice. She only knows gay men. That's why UB asks her which of her gay friends she should date and have over to thanksgiving.

And yes there is a difference. No it won't make a difference because when you say I love you to a girl, she's hearing I am in love with you.

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=2339.msg26519#msg26519 date=1290552188]
              don't listen to BBSB's advice. She only knows gay men. That's why UB asks her which of her gay friends she should date and have over to thanksgiving.

And yes there is a difference. No it won't make a difference because when you say I love you to a girl, she's hearing I am in love with you.
              [/quote]

Don't be such a Fratter hater, KVN. I still love you all the same.

Comment

[/quote]

Yep. I think that's implied. No one says I Love You to someone they're dating if they only mean platonic love or family love. That's deceitful.

I think it's nice to say, "I'm in love with you" in the same way it's nice to say, "godammit, I love you" or "I love you more than anything." It breaks up the cadence of a commonly used phrase and personalizes it a little.

Comment

The "In Love" is only added by women who want to tell a guy that they don't have any romantic feelings for the dude.

Comment

I smack a bitch that tries that rap on me.

Comment

[quote author=havelhawk link=topic=2339.msg26563#msg26563 date=1290563988]

[/quote]

Yep. I think that's implied. No one says I Love You to someone they're dating if they only mean platonic love or family love. That's deceitful.

I think it's nice to say, "I'm in love with you" in the same way it's nice to say, "godammit, I love you" or "I love you more than anything." It breaks up the cadence of a commonly used phrase and personalizes it a little.
                      [/quote]

This. I have two good guy friends who always say I love you every time we hang up the phone....however, I am definitely not interpreting it to mean they are IN love with me. Context is everything.

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=2339.msg26571#msg26571 date=1290567772]
                        [quote author=havelhawk link=topic=2339.msg26563#msg26563 date=1290563988]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This. I have two good guy friends who always say I love you every time we hang up the phone....however, I am definitely not interpreting it to mean they are IN love with me. Context is everything.
                        [/quote]

What guy does that?

Comment

^^

agreed....what guy does that? i don't even tell my family I love them every time I hang up

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2339.msg26770#msg26770 date=1290636659]
                            ^^

agreed....what guy does that? i don't even tell my family I love them every time I hang up
                            [/quote]

First off (because I know what some of you are thinking), neither of those two are gay. Although the gay one did send me a text last night after the game that simply said, ":) ly"...I think the "ly" means "love you" but I'm not down with that sort of lingo. And since he is gay, it doesn't really count.

I don't know how the others one got in the habit of saying that every time we talk. One used to be a romantic relationship (like 13 years ago) and so we just never stopped saying it. That said, there are NO romantic connotations to it now. The other one is just a guy that I have always been close to. He is definitely not gay but I would say he is more in touch with his emotional side than most guys.....meaning he has always been really open and wears his heart on his sleeve.

I never thought it was a big deal at all. But now all of the sudden, you are making me feel paranoid about it.

It should be noted that I throw out the "I love you's" pretty liberally so maybe they just pick up on that vibe. (but please don't be offended if you talk to me now and I don't tell you that....I might just not be that into you).

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=2339.msg26777#msg26777 date=1290637884]
                              [quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2339.msg26770#msg26770 date=1290636659]
                              ^^

[/quote]

First off (because I know what some of you are thinking), neither of those two are gay. Although the gay one did send me a text last night after the game that simply said, ":) ly"...I think the "ly" means "love you" but I'm not down with that sort of lingo. And since he is gay, it doesn't really count.

I don't know how the others one got in the habit of saying that every time we talk. One used to be a romantic relationship (like 13 years ago) and so we just never stopped saying it. That said, there are NO romantic connotations to it now. The other one is just a guy that I have always been close to. He is definitely not gay but I would say he is more in touch with his emotional side than most guys.....meaning he has always been really open and wears his heart on his sleeve.

I never thought it was a big deal at all. But now all of the sudden, you are making me feel paranoid about it.

It should be noted that I throw out the "I love you's" pretty liberally so maybe they just pick up on that vibe. (but please don't be offended if you talk to me now and I don't tell you that....I might just not be that into you).
                              [/quote]

Hmmm... if I were your husband, I'm not sure I'd be cool with that.

I love you.

- enfuego

Comment

Working...
                              X