Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble on the Korean Peninsula

North Korea shells the South

Apparently S. Korea had been running some military exercises on an island near the border, N. Korea got mad and responded by shelling the island. A South Korean marine is dead, and at least 5 people are injured. The South fired back at the North before it went to their highest Non-Wartime military alert, scrambled F-16s to the island, and called an emergency meeting of the cabinet.

This also happened in the same area where that S Korean warship was supposedly torpedoed back in March.

Re: Trouble on the Korean Peninsula

There is only one solution.

One man.

One alternative to all-out war.

The man.

The legend

[img width=600 height=600]http://www.coacheshotseat.com/RonPrince.jpg[/img]

Comment

Send him in! If the guy can get a few million out of K-State, I'm sure he can negotiate piece in Korea. Next, the Middle East!

Comment

The Korean peninsula is the first place on the list of places where shit is gonna really get out of hand fast. And here's the thing, I doubt we would have much capability to help the South Koreans considering what assets we have already committed. Then we'll be looking to the Chinese to play a considerable role if things to escalate.

Comment

South Korea just needs to take that shit over. China no longer gives a damn. Just get it over already.

Comment

[quote author=ElJefe58 link=topic=2324.msg26384#msg26384 date=1290532565]
            South Korea just needs to take that shit over. China no longer gives a damn. Just get it over already.
            [/quote]

i totally agree....and feel the same plan would work with the whole "north dakota" situation.

Comment

You notice they didn't attack anything occupied by the US. They don't want us involved, but they know as soon as shit starts we are going to jump right in.

Comment

It boggles the mind how an entire country gives KJ-I a free pass when half of them eat dirt every day. If they could take out his government, It would seem like a prime country to ease into the 20th century.

Comment

so does this mean M*A*S*H will be coming back?

Comment

[quote author=pieces of eight link=topic=2324.msg26394#msg26394 date=1290534555]
                    It boggles the mind how an entire country gives KJ-I a free pass when half of them eat dirt every day. If they could take out his government, It would seem like a prime country to ease into the 20th century.
                    [/quote]

Which entire country are you referring to? If it's the North Koreans themselves that's not going to happen - the civilian populace has to means. If the South Koreans escalate it we are looking at a possible regional nuclear war. The Chinese care a bunch but short of wiping out the country, what are they going to do?

Comment

[quote author=IceHawkE link=topic=2324.msg26397#msg26397 date=1290535187]
                      [quote author=pieces of eight link=topic=2324.msg26394#msg26394 date=1290534555]
                      [/quote]

Which entire country are you referring to? If it's the North Koreans themselves that's not going to happen - the civilian populace has to means. If the South Koreans escalate it we are looking at a possible regional nuclear war. The Chinese care a bunch but short of wiping out the country, what are they going to do?
                      [/quote]

China will not get involved. They already stated what North Korea has done is wrong. North Korea should get what is coming to them. North Korea may have a large Army, but we are not stupid and will not get involved in a ground war with them. We will not allow South Korea to get involved in one either. The South Korean military is very well trained and some of the toughest sob's I have met. This could get really ugly really fast. I don't see North Korea winning any ground in this.

Comment

when's the draft?

Comment

Yeah, so... I'll be in Seoul in a few weeks.

Assuming there's still an airport.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2324.msg26549#msg26549 date=1290558704]
                            Yeah, so... I'll be in Seoul in a few weeks.

Assuming there's still a city.
                            [/quote]

fyp

Comment

Working...
                            X