Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which concert is the concert you're most embarrassed to admit you attended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which concert is the concert you're most embarrassed to admit you attended?

I saw Dolly Parton once when I was a kid at the San Antonio Sea World.

**EDIT** But the more I think about it, I am more embarrassed to have seen Jack Johnson.

Which concert is the concert you're most embarassed to admit you attended?

My 5th grade band concert. Hacks couldn't even play Hot Cross Buns! Embarrassing!

Comment

Re: Which concert is the concert you're most embarrassed to admit you attended?

Disco Biscuits

Comment

I've been to Jewel and Coldplay both at Sandstone although I went to Coldplay because Rilo Kiley was opening but still.

Comment

Jim Brickman....I was there b/c the wife dragged me.

Comment

buckethead.

his performance was part of wakarusa (a few years back) and i was only there because the flaming lips were playing that stage after him. nevertheless, i didn't exactly hate it.

Comment

coldplay.. the wife pretty much made me an offer I couldn't refuse!

Comment

[quote author=JackLord link=topic=2306.msg26071#msg26071 date=1290397373]

buckethead.

his performance was part of wakarusa (a few years back) and i was only there because the flaming lips were playing that stage after him. nevertheless, i didn't exactly hate it.
                [/quote]

?

Haven't really kept up with Buckethead in years but his music is interesting and his live shows are pretty damn good.

Comment

[quote author=bedouinsoundclash link=topic=2306.msg26083#msg26083 date=1290400865]
                  [quote author=JackLord link=topic=2306.msg26071#msg26071 date=1290397373]

buckethead.

[/quote]

?

Haven't really kept up with Buckethead in years but his music is interesting and his live shows are pretty damn good.
                  [/quote]

that's why i didn't exactly hate the show. it was a good show.

he just came to mind and i mentioned him in this thread because....ummm....why was it?.....oh yeah! he wears a fucking kfc bucket on his head!

Comment

I saw Rick Springfield when I was 12. I am not embarrassed about this. Not one bit.

Comment

I was going to say The Pointer Sisters - that I got drug to by my folks for my sister's b-day, but then I remembered Shaun Cassidy - absolute nightmare that I was taken to as part of my dad's work in the entertainment industry.

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=2306.msg26085#msg26085 date=1290403482]
                        I saw Rick Springfield when I was 12. I am not embarrassed about this. Not one bit.
                        [/quote]

i don't think you finished reading the thread title before posting....not one bit.

Comment

[quote author=JackLord link=topic=2306.msg26099#msg26099 date=1290407934]
                          [quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=2306.msg26085#msg26085 date=1290403482]
                          [/quote]

i don't think you finished reading the thread title before posting....not one bit.
                          [/quote]

I won't count opening acts, because there have been some bad ones. I saw the Oak Ridge Boys with my family when I was about 5 (Municipal in downtown KC is a pretty cool venue). Like everyone else at my age, I was the kid who knew all the words to Elvira. Giddy-up, uh-giddy-up, mmm-papa-mow-mow. Yeesh...at least they made an appearance or two on the Dukes of Hazard. That's cool, right?

There was a show I was kind of embarrassed to be at for other reasons. In the early 2000's, I kind of got into a band called Ozma, which had toured with Weezer. They made a few visits to Lawrence (with Nada Surf and Superdrag at the Bottleneck). Four or five years ago they came through headlining a show at the Granada. Not sure what they were thinking with booking that large a venue...it felt like there were about 50 people there total, and I felt bad for them. I'm pretty sure they've split up now (it's for the best...their work got worse as they went along).

Comment

Michael Jackson at Arrowhead when I was 13. My dad got suite tickets from his work. I was made fun of by friends and I never admitted to anyone that I thought the show was pretty awesome.

Comment

The Carpenter's. Early 1970's with my parents. :runaway:

Comment

Working...
                              X